Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, October 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Whopper Junior

strokin03 is on a distinguished road
Shout it Out new injectors? any ideas

so i installed an edge evolution in my 2003 superduty powerstroke 6.0 about a month ago. i drove it around for a couple days then returned it to stock so my wife could take it to work. after i removed the programer i drove it to the store and it was running rough. never through a DTC so i didnt kno where to start. so i decided to reflash the ECM. i took it with me to dyno day saturday and bill reflashed it on the spot. i put it back in the truck when i got home and tired it, seemed to do a little better but after it ran for about 30 mins it started surging and then cut off and wouldn't restart. so i plugged the evolution back in to read the DTC and i Got PO271 injector 4 and po277 injector 6, it didnt give me any DTC when i had the old version but showed them when i got computer reflashed.

has anyone had these trouble codes and it been something else. i have already checked the FICM and it had 48 Volts.

-Rusty-
Old Tue, October 11th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Do you still have a 03 ficm? i know you said it has 48 volts but the 03 Ficm's can crap the bed on one or two injectors. Have you checked your harness's under the ficm for rubbing? They can give you injector issues aswell.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Wed, October 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Do you still have a 03 ficm? i know you said it has 48 volts but the 03 Ficm's can crap the bed on one or two injectors. Have you checked your harness's under the ficm for rubbing? They can give you injector issues aswell.

i checked the harness's and they all look pretty good, all connections were good and tight. but now that the truck will not run im not sure what to do now. i really dont wanna just start adding parts until i find exactly what is wrong. I know the DTCS show two injectors and i have heard storys about 6.0 injectors. so should i just buy the injectors and see how it goes?

Rusty-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f250.jpg (48.9 KB, 6 views)
Old Sun, October 23rd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Whopper Junior

Help Replaced two bad injectors, still want start?

well i finally got my new injectors and got them put in. i put everythign back together and tried to start it. it turned over for about 30 secs then it tried to fire as long as i was turning the key over but as soon as i let off on the key it went back dead. while turning it over it was blowing smoke out the exaust, it was black smoke, not the normal grey smoke you see when you have bad injectors. so, where should i go next. i dont have any other dtcs so i dont know what to do now. i know of a couple ppl that have had trouble with the ICP sensor on the 03's but i dont want to just keep throwing parts on till i find the problem. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks Rusty
Old Mon, October 24th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

black while cranking is usually a stuck egr valve, is your egr system still intact?
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed