Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > It's Great to Learn 'Cause Knowledge Is Power! > How to...

How to... This is the place where you can share how to do just about anything NOT related to vehicles! Can you repair your lawnmower? Can you install a garbage disposal? Can you make the best spaghetti sauce ever? Can you figure out Windows 7? Can you build a pine derby car? Can you assemble a bicycle? Please share your knowledge!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon, May 30th, 2022, 10:35 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Oooo That's gonna be a fun one!
Thinking I might get it torn down this week. I've got a bit of off-time scheduled so I'd like to get a look inside.

I picked up an 89 F350 crewcab a few months ago with a "ran-when-parked" 460 that had an incorrectly installed front main and pan seal. Unknown miles but I didn't like all of the sludge and crud in the lower part of the engine when I had the pan off (as in it's a poster-child for the world of poor maintenance practices). Besides, the longer I stare at the EFI 460, the more I think that I don't want a boring 460 that can't handle a different cam or any major performance pieces due to the speed density system...and the best time to do the work is right now with the engine already out.

I'd miss the ease of starting, but low 200s horsepower will suck!