Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Tue, March 16th, 2010, 09:55 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

I softened the GDU3 MFD in the low ranges, smoothed the rest of the map up a bit, and I still experience a pretty hash jerk when I let off the throttle and the R's are up around 2k and the TC is locked. Fheww......

I tried softening up the MFD map even more and I started to experience a dead pedal, which is not much fun to drive with.

I know I am missing something here.
Old Tue, March 16th, 2010, 11:10 PM
BROKE

Oooppss.......I think I have it figured out now.
Old Tue, March 16th, 2010, 11:40 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

It always helps to help yourself.

That way you know what to do next time you have the issue.

[Yoda]Learn from within, you must. [/Yoda]
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 12:24 AM
BROKE

Well I was feeling really great about my truck tonight, I got alot of my issues solved. So I decided to try a previous race tune ...............and I thought I heard a ping on one of the programs. Not being sure what the noise was I dug around to make sure there was not anything loose inside the cab.........bingo, found a chew can rolling around in my door pocket.

So I proceeded to try the next program on the list and I heard it again, but this time a bit louder and a little more frequent......and that program had even less timing..........uhh ohh.

Cab is getting completely cleaned out tomorrow and I will try it again.
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Good luck, Dave!
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM
BROKE

Okay.......few more questions.......lol.

Any idea what the purpose of the Fuel Density Multiplier is?

Which function controls the "high idle" speed and temperature?

I have played with the High Cam Idle adder and it seems just to be an adder to the base idle. The Cold Idle control appears to be what I am looking for, but the RPM values seem way off.
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 09:03 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

The cold idle control and the cold idle multiplier are the ones you want. The Hi-cam will actually increase the RPM at all times. Yes, the values for the idle speed are way off, and that is a function of the definition file itself. Bill has fixed the definition (or figured out what he needs to do to change it) but hasn't had the time to get it updated.

If I'm not mistaken, you can start with small values (divide the desired RPM increase by 4) and you should be close to what you want. Bill actually set up one of the definitions to display the actual RPM you want the engine to run at after a specific time.

I used that function on my PMT1 files (originally-purchased definition) with no issues before, but I was using the emulator at the time to get the RPM right where I wanted it.
Old Mon, September 20th, 2010, 04:35 AM
BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
The cold idle control and the cold idle multiplier are the ones you want.

It appears the values for the multiplier are in seconds, could this be the amount of time it takes to pick up the high idle?

Bill actually set up one of the definitions to display the actual RPM you want the engine to run at after a specific time.

That might be pretty handy.

I used that function on my PMT1 files (originally-purchased definition) with no issues before, but I was using the emulator at the time to get the RPM right where I wanted it.
I have played with it a bit using the emulator (which BTW has not left the PCM in a few months), and the changes seemed to take a very long time to respond. I need to play with it a bit more when temps drop a few more degrees to see what its going to do.