Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip

Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip The Power Hungry Performance Hydra Multi-Position Chip is the industry standard for the 7.3L!

Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip provides Ford owners with a feature packed,
high quality, and low cost alternative to other existing modules on the market today.

Old Wed, December 29th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Whopper Junior

InTheHills is on a distinguished road
Default No USB Connection

The Hydra was on my truck when I bought it but I need to do some tuning. The Hydra does work in the truck, changes tunes and everything seems fine. But when I remove the Hyrda from the truck and connect to computer via USB the computer never sees it. I have tried 2 different computers and restarting but no luck.

Any ideas?
Old Wed, December 29th, 2021, 01:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Since I don't have a Hydra, I'm going to offer a "guess". Do you have to use a USB cable to connect your Hydra to the computer? If so, it may NOT be a "data" cable, but is only a charging cable. There's no way that I know of to tell the difference by just looking at the cable, but you might have better luck with a different cable.

A data cable will allow you to transfer information to and from a smart phone from your PC, while a simple charging cable will not. If you can access the file system in your smart phone from your PC, you are using a data cable.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, December 29th, 2021, 01:22 PM
Whopper Junior

InTheHills is on a distinguished road

That is a good thought. That USB style is an older one so I jsut ordered a cable from Amazon. Ill have to try buying another one. Maybe I can grab one from Hydra? Ill call them.
Old Wed, December 29th, 2021, 03:47 PM
Haptown

Haptown is on a distinguished road

A USB cable for data will have a symbol like in the image below on the A-cable end that would plug in the PC USB port. Sorry about the size of the image.

Old Wed, December 29th, 2021, 09:09 PM
Big Sky State!!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy is on a distinguished road

Do you have the proper hardware downloaded to support the USB connection for the hydro?

Minotaur user.
Old Thu, December 30th, 2021, 09:01 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The cable is usually the issue with connection concerns. The Hydra uses a USB A to USB Mini-B cable. These can be picked up at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, or pretty much any cell phone store or large gas station like QT, Racetrac, Flying J, etc.

Also, make sure you have downloaded and installed the HydraFlash software. It contains the necessary drivers for the device. You can find HydraFlash at https://hydrahelp.com.

I hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, December 30th, 2021, 10:07 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haptown View Post
A USB cable for data will have a symbol like in the image below on the A-cable end that would plug in the PC USB port. Sorry about the size of the image. ...<snip>...
Well duh! Seems like I should have known that, with my background in computer science, but I didn't. Thanks, Haptown!

- Jack