Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Whopper

4x4king is on a distinguished road
Default Firmware Issue

I recently decided that after about two years it was time to do a firmware update on my gryphon. I plugged it in and updated the firmware, but it also updated my calibrations . After the updates i got on the forum, after reading i found out my custom tunes have been erased because they needed to be rebuilt first. So....., I guess what im asking is there anyway to get my custom tunes back and if so will it be with the most up to date firmware. Please help
Old Mon, July 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Ah, PHP hasn't even been in business for 2 years. I was one of the first to get a Gryphon when they started up, a little over a year ago. What's the serial number on your unit?

Bill CAN rebuild your custom tunes if you've erased them. You just have to get in touch with him and give him all the information relating to your unit, so that he can retrieve your tunes and recomiple them for the new firmware. He will need your Serial Number, your name, the truck's HEX code and so on.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, July 27th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Whopper

i could have sworn its been like two years lol, it must have been somtime before the date where they had to be tunes had to be rebuilt for updates. thanks for the info, cause i was starting to get worried i would have to go back to the cannned tunes. Thanks

Do you Know when they reopen this month cause i though i read somthing about them closeing for about a week every month.

Using the Pegasus software it says at the bottom HD S/N 805EDF8A And also says S/N 00004478

Last edited by 4x4king; Mon, July 27th, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old Mon, July 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4king View Post
i could have sworn its been like two years lol, it must have been somtime before the date where they had to be tunes had to be rebuilt for updates. thanks for the info, cause i was starting to get worried i would have to go back to the cannned tunes. Thanks

Do you Know when they reopen this month cause i though i read somthing about them closeing for about a week every month.

Using the Pegasus software it says at the bottom HD S/N 805EDF8A And also says S/N 00004478
The one with "HD" is your Hard Drive's serial number. Your Gryphon's Serial Number is on the lower right side.

PHP should be open for business this week.

- Jack
Old Mon, July 27th, 2009, 01:04 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

4x4, please fill out the information in the user control panel so we know who this is. I'll be happy to rebuild and reset your downloads.

If you prefer, you can also e-mail us with your name and unit information and we'll get you back up and running.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, July 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Whopper

Ok, i filled out the info on the UserCP and im about to send you an email as well. let me know if you need anything else. Thanks
Old Mon, July 27th, 2009, 04:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4king View Post
Ok, i filled out the info on the UserCP and im about to send you an email as well. let me know if you need anything else. Thanks
4x4 - you might want to limit your "location" to just City and State. You don't want all of us showing up for a visit!

- Jack
Old Mon, July 27th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Whopper

Thats a good idea lol, Thanks.

Also does anyone now if one of the firmware updates has transmission fluid temp for the display.

Last edited by 4x4king; Mon, July 27th, 2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Whopper

Hey Bill, Thanks for the help and great customer service. I have one more question though now that i have my custom tunes again will i be able to update the firmware without it erasing my calibrations?

Last edited by 4x4king; Tue, July 28th, 2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 11:48 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The software should be able to handle the firmware update without having any effect on the calibrations. After our conversation, I checked the software and it does, in fact, update only the firmware and doesn't effect the calibrations. Of course, all this is academic since I seriously doubt there will ever be another firmware upgrade on that unit.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!