Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Closed Thread

Old Wed, August 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Diesel Bum

agreber is on a distinguished road
Help Evol CTS - Convert? or new Gryphon??

Ok,
I did not know PHP existed until 5 hrs ago! I just purcahsed a new Edge Evolution CTS for my 2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel (Stock - except remanufactured 4r100 HD tranny) on 8/1/2010.
I am a little/lot unsatisfied with the Evol CTS as I noticed it does not have an "economy" tune for my vehicle. Also, when I set it to "tow" tune, 3rd gear really seems to slam hard. **But I was not towing a load at the time, so maybe that is the reason - I would normally be towing 7000 lb load.
Also in "tow" mode, I noticed that the Evol CTS Boost Guage never registered any Boost at any speed (0 to 75mph)?? What's with that?
I got normal Boost reading on the CTS at the stock setting.

It would also be nice to have the PHP tunes & custom tunes available.

BUT, my questions are:

(1) Should I convert my just purchased Edge Evol CTS to a Gryphon?
I think I can send the Edge Evol back for a full refund to Edge within 30 days of purchase?

(2) Is my Edge Warranty on my Evol CTS still valid if I convert it to a Gryphon? (Not sure I want to convert if the Warranty is voided)

Thanks
Old Wed, August 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Duplicate post as one in CS/CTS section.