Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Whopper

ashron64 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon VS Phoenix

Hello,
I just have a few questions. I am considering the Gryphon for my truck but I have just found the Phoenix. If I purchased the Phoenix with the 87 and 93 tow and the 87 and 93 performance, would the tunes be pretty much the same thing as with the Gryphon? In other words, are you getting pretty much the same things as far as performance with the two, just a screen and monitor with the Gryphon? Does the Phoenix take into consideration aftermarket mods including CAI, throttle body spacer, and exhaust? Thanks for your help!
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashron64 View Post
Hello,
I just have a few questions. I am considering the Gryphon for my truck but I have just found the Phoenix. If I purchased the Phoenix with the 87 and 93 tow and the 87 and 93 performance, would the tunes be pretty much the same thing as with the Gryphon? In other words, are you getting pretty much the same things as far as performance with the two, just a screen and monitor with the Gryphon? Does the Phoenix take into consideration aftermarket mods including CAI, throttle body spacer, and exhaust? Thanks for your help!
The tunes are probably quite similar.

But, do yourself a favor and ditch the Throttle Body Spacer (unless your truck has a carburetor - not fuel injected). The spacer does nothing for a modern vehicle except add a bit of weight.

A custom tune from any source can certainly account for the CAI (if the tuner knows what he's doing - as Bill does).

If your exhaust mods are "cat back", they're mostly for sound and looks and need no special tuning. But, if you have mods like long tube headers or an "X" or "H" pipe, that's a different matter.

(And please don't double post - I deleted the thread on this subject in the Phoenix forum.)

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, September 3rd, 2010, 07:06 AM
Whopper

So does the Phoenix control all the same parameters as the gryphon such as WOT fuel, timing, ect? Also, how does the phoenix mount? Is it similiar to a toggle switch with 6 positions that you mount in the cab? Thanks for all of your help.
Old Fri, September 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Yes, the tunes are very similar and it mounts like a regular switch. You also have the ability to change tunes without stopping and reprogramming.
Old Fri, September 3rd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Whopper

Hm...It looks like the phoenix is going to be a much more cost effective option for me. If I decided to order, I understand that there is a period of waiting time for the custom tunes to be written...is that 4 weeks? Also, would I pay at the time of the order or when the order is shipped? Thanks so much for all of your help!
Old Fri, September 3rd, 2010, 11:44 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

It would probably 4-8 depending on how busy things are but I'm not really sure on the chips. You would also pay at the time of the order.