Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, January 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
(I've answered this question on the phone three times today. )
Corey - Didn't I see a sort of "generic" opinion of CAIs here a while back? I know it's not appropriate to "bash" another vendor, but isn't it OK to talk about mods in general?

And, just to kind of pull you and Bill up on this, I recall vividly a post he made on the f150 forum regarding a certain "chip" that "works" on any vehicle and promises what, 30 HP and 2-3 mpg? We all jumped on the bandwagon, of course, and didn't hesitate to tell anyone who asked what we thought of this "miracle" device.

But, CAIs seem to have fans among the performance group, and it stands to reason that if you can get more air into the engine you can add more fuel and get more power. But, like most engineering developments, there is a compromise. It's not usually ALL good. Can't we simply talk about a CAI mod in these terms and then let the buyer decide what's important to him?

I tried to do that in an explanation of underdrive pulleys in another thread, and I don't think I stepped on anyone's toes . (I'm trying to be back in "good behavior" again). :o

I've certainly discussed my feelings about the cost benefit of Optima batteries versus conventional batteries in another forum, and I don't think anything I said was "bashing".

And maybe, now that I think of it, you have sponsors that prevent you from being quite as open as the rest of us. If this is the case, I can see why you could not express a dispassionate opinion.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, January 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Whopper

doubleshot is on a distinguished road

thanks for the answer, I sent an question to your pm.