Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, February 16th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Whopper

92 5.0 is on a distinguished road
Just got my gryphon installed

Well I just got my gryphon in the mail and installed a little while ago. I have it on the #2 tune and what a difference it makes. It is like a whole new truck! When I fill up I am gonna put 93 in so I can try the #3 out. Where the connector goes into the obd2 port there is another small connector that comes off the harness. What is this for? I am grinning ear to ear about my programmer. Also how often do we have to update these? Or do we? Thanks everyone!

Last edited by 92 5.0; Mon, February 16th, 2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old Mon, February 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Let the Mud come!!!

twintips_17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 5.0 View Post
Well I just got my gryphon in the mail and installed a little while ago. I have it on the #2 tune and what a difference it makes. It is like a whole new truck! When I fill up I am gonna put 93 in so I can try the #3 out. Where the connector goes into the obd2 port there is another small connector that comes off the harness. What is this for? I am grinning ear to ear about my programmer. Also how often do we have to update these? Or do we? Thanks everyone!
you should check every so often to see if there is an update. As you see everything is working fine now so it will continue to work. But it only gets better!!!

SUPERcrew
AF1, EDGE, and EFANS with Magnaflow Exhast SISO.
Expy Console and Rear Seat Swap! Eagle 16's with 285-75/16 ST's
Gryphon Tuner soon to have custom tunes by PHP!
Old Mon, February 16th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 5.0 View Post
I'm so glad you're pleased! The extra pluggie thing is for an external sensor (on a diesel, it's usually a pyrometer). It's just that Edge uses the same plug for multiple products. You can ignore it.

About updating... right now, you have the latest updates. You can check back from time to time in the Pegasus section of the forum; that's where Bill will post if he makes any additions to the firmware.

Glad we could make you smile!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, February 16th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Whopper

92 5.0 is on a distinguished road

I am very pleased. Thanks for the great product and fast shipping. I will call you corey down the road to have a custom tune or 2 made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
I'm so glad you're pleased! The extra pluggie thing is for an external sensor (on a diesel, it's usually a pyrometer). It's just that Edge uses the same plug for multiple products. You can ignore it.

About updating... right now, you have the latest updates. You can check back from time to time in the Pegasus section of the forum; that's where Bill will post if he makes any additions to the firmware.

Glad we could make you smile!
Old Mon, February 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It's nice to see what the truck really CAN do, isn't it? And, I PM'd you. Glad the product lived up to your expectations.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer