Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, September 14th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Jack, just in case you missed it, his truck is an 07. And an update is all I can think of that you could do to fix it.. if that doesn't work, call edge and ask them what's wrong...
Old Wed, September 14th, 2011, 10:54 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
Jack, just in case you missed it, his truck is an 07. And an update is all I can think of that you could do to fix it.. if that doesn't work, call edge and ask them what's wrong...
Yes, I DID figure out his truck was an 07. If, he in fact was loading the tune after making the Custom Option changes, then the speed should have been corrected. And, maybe the update I suggested will take care of things too.

He's already talked to Edge and they seemed to be of no help. Possibly Bill can figure out what's wrong if the update doesn't do it for him.

And maybe, Bill can adjust his custom tune so that the correct TS and GR are loaded too, if a firmware update doesn't fix it.

- Jack
Old Thu, September 15th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Whopper

ak_cowboy is on a distinguished road

I just got my Gryphon and custom tunes a week ago. But I'll give the update a shot tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then I'll get a hold of Bill and see what he thinks. It'd be nice to get this fixed cuz my winter tires are a 31" but I'm running 33s right now, and would like to upgrade to 35s next summer lol
Old Thu, September 15th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Whopper

So something weird happened. I uploaded my custom tunes from Bill and didn't go through the custom menu or anything. Now my speedo is reading fast lol It shows 58mph while I'm actually going 55.
Old Thu, September 15th, 2011, 12:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
So something weird happened. I uploaded my custom tunes from Bill and didn't go through the custom menu or anything. Now my speedo is reading fast lol It shows 58mph while I'm actually going 55.
OK, that's not so weird. I think Bill has input a TS value in your custom tunes. But, you did not say "which" speedo is "reading fast". If the dash speedo is showing 58 when you're actually at 55, you are very close to being "dead on". The dash speedo is normally going to read 3% fast when the odometer is giving accurate mileage. But, if the Gryphon speedo is 3 mph fast, then he has the TS value set too high.

Trouble is, you can't figure out what value he used. If you want to try to correct things again, start with a TS value of 2573 and make sure your GR is 4.10. Make adjustments from that TS value.

- Jack
Old Thu, September 15th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Whopper

It was the Gryphon digital speedo vs my GPS digital Speedo. I know that the dash analog speedo reads fast no matter what. I'll try adjusting the TS through the custom menu again and hope it works this time.
Old Thu, September 15th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

good luck!
Old Fri, September 16th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Whopper

Didn't work... Had the TS read 2574 and the speedo was back to being 9% slow. I guess I'll email Bill and see what he says.