Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sat, November 21st, 2009, 09:39 PM
Whopper

dieseldan is on a distinguished road
Default superchips programmer

this is my first post and first off its nice to be here.

my question is, my 06 superduty with a 6.0 power issues that need addressing. bought the truck new and it had good power, installed a superchips 1706, exhaust and a intake. truck had awesome power, awesome enough to tear the trans out. had it reubuilt, and ford updated the computer. ok well the programmer no longer worked. sent the programmer to super chips and got it back. was never as strong as it once was and the fuel economy was terrible. terrible as in unloaded at 65 mph it averaged 17 mpg where it once before was 20 mpg. well had injector issue a few months back, ford updated the computer again. programmer does not work again.

so should i keep sending the programmer back and having it updated? the fuel economy has dropped again of course since this update. is this programmer any good. it seemed fairly aggressive when it was new

suggestions?