Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Bacon King

mmandley is on a distinguished road
Default JLT Cold Air Intake

Hi everyone. Im hopping im not the only person who has bought one of these.

JLT Cold Air Intake. I just got the kit in the mail the other day and im waiting to install it till i get my programmer from Gryphon.

Anyone else have this kit installed and with the Gryphon? Corey said Bill just did a tune for someone with this set up this week.

I was wondering how it is working for them and how they like it.

The kit is pretty basic - K/N filter look a like < typical > heat shield for below the filter and it has a bigger inlet tube from the filter to the TB that the MAP sensor bolts to and this is one of the reason i cant install it to my truck till i get a gryphon programmer.

08 F350 Crew Cab Lariat Edition 4x4 6.4L Twin Turbo Diesel
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 04:33 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
The kit is pretty basic - K/N filter look a like < typical > heat shield for below the filter and it has a bigger inlet tube from the filter to the TB that the MAP sensor bolts to and this is one of the reason i cant install it to my truck till i get a gryphon programmer.
Is this the jlt ram air cai?

I think if you look at TXWolf's mods he has the JLT ram air cai. Maybe he could chime in on how his is operating?
That's if you have the same one.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Thu, March 19th, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Bacon King

Yes it's the ram air style

Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

For what it's worth, we just did a local truck and had the opportunity to install the JLT. It went in super easy and looked pretty good. Tuning was a snap and the truck ran quite nicely. Also, because it doesn't use the 24" plastic intake tube, it didn't seem to drone badly at all. I can't say how well it works compared to the snorkel mods, but it did feel good.

Sooooo I'd say we shouldn't have any problems with the JLT.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, March 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Whopper

jerzpilot is on a distinguished road

That person is me jerzpilot, hello. I like it a lot, it looks cool and the filter is actually an S&B filter. Now Bill I have a slight problem I just got a CEL and checked the code which it was P0171 and P0174 running lean bank 1 and bank 2. I dont know if it was because of the JLT cai or if because today I took of the muffler and ranned to the store to get a Dynomax muffler. After I installed the muffler I erased the codes turn the ruck on and no CEL, however I checked the codes and they are back. Help Bill plz
Old Sat, March 21st, 2009, 12:03 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I answered in the other thread. Give that one a look.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Is this the jlt ram air cai?

I think if you look at TXWolf's mods he has the JLT ram air cai. Maybe he could chime in on how his is operating?
That's if you have the same one.

Lars
I should be getting my Gryphon back from PHP tomorrow.
I'll let you know how well everything runs at that time. And I too LOVE the way the JLT looks under the hood.

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights
Old Fri, March 27th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

Received my Gryphon yesterday! I installed it last night, and drove it around the neighborhood for a few minutes. After running my truck in Stock mode for the past 3 weeks, it felt REALLY good to get a little bit of pep back.

I just now got in to work, and already I am VERY impressed with the custom 87 Performance tune! For the past 3 weeks, I've been averaging 12.5 - 13MPG to and from work (45 miles round trip). This morning ... 17.5!! I can hardly wait to see how it performs on the highway, without the stop-and-go traffic!

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights
Old Fri, March 27th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Bacon King

WOW that's impressive. I only get about 10 to and from work due to i work so close the truck doesn't have enough time to warm up all the way. I tend to get 12 to 14 in the city and 19 on the highway. Ill be keeping track of it and let ya know how mine changes.

Just got my tuner in today so have to read up on it and install it.