Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Double Whopper

white eagle is on a distinguished road
Default banks

I was curious has anyone tried or known someone who has tried a banks ram air system ?
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Double Whopper

white eagle is on a distinguished road

I thought someone may have some news on this unit
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

You certainly won't get any negative reports from anyone with a Bank's Ram Air. It does what it says it will do. It will feed air from the lower-front of your bumper up to your airbox.

You may get some opinions on price, but it will give you air from 6" above the pavement.

Sorry I'm not much help, but I do look at advertising and pick it apart with fine-point chopsticks so I can dig through the garbage. If you don't believe me, ask my wife.
Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Whopper

cackler08 is on a distinguished road
Default I may get one

If have read up on the Banks unit and spoke to some guys at my local 4x4 shop. This is what i know about it.
It is supposed to produce more HP then most on the market for the F150.
It is supposed to be quieter then most.
I also read somewhere that the ram or scoop isn't included with the F150 kit b/c it is partly blocked by the tow hook. I'm not sure it this is true or not, but you could trim it to fit around the hook.
Old Mon, July 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Whopper

Kurt14 is on a distinguished road

I do have one without the scoop that drops down... It's a huge huge filter. It isn't quite at all in fact it is probably the loudest.. It did help with throttle response and exhaust tone, but it didn't do what they said that I am aware of.. I'll find out when I go to get the live Gryphon Tune how much it helped.. If I had to do it over again I would probably go with Volant or a different brand that in my opinion was just as good in quality and less expensive..

Fancy - 2005 Ford F-150 Crew 5.4 Lariat with Banks Ram Air Intake, Custom Flowmaster (hidden) Exhaust, 2.5'' Daystar Leveling Kit, Red Top Optima, and a (eager to be updated to Gryphon) Edge Evolution Programmer. Plus many custom appearance mods..