Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Mon, March 9th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Bacon King

svt2205 is on a distinguished road
Default How To??

I probably missed this in the manual but how do I save my stock tune? I've finally installed the Gryphon in my truck, but right now it's acting only as a monitor. I've not attempted to change the tune, yet.

I know you guys can steer me straight.

Thanks
Old Mon, March 9th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Googlemiester

seeleyra is on a distinguished road

I am sure someone will jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty certain that the Gryphon will store your stock settings. Once you hook it up and begin to program the custom tunes, the Gryphon will remove the stock files (store them) and re-install the new tunes. So if you ever ewant to return to stock you can.
Old Mon, March 9th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeleyra View Post
I am sure someone will jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty certain that the Gryphon will store your stock settings. Once you hook it up and begin to program the custom tunes, the Gryphon will remove the stock files (store them) and re-install the new tunes. So if you ever ewant to return to stock you can.
Yup, you actually have to return it to stock anytime you pull the gryphon to update the firmware or change startup image etc.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Mon, March 9th, 2009, 10:34 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Both Dixie and seelerya are correct, svt. You don't have to do anything. When you select "Programming" in the menu, the unit first reads and saves your stock settings in the Level 0 position. Then, anytime you return to Level 0, you return your truck to stock.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer