Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Sat, January 17th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Whopper Junior

jbrew is on a distinguished road
Default Help with lean issue

I'm going to be ordering soon, currently have a lean issue (no codes). Plugs are white, electrode has signs of ware @ 20,000 miles after the last plug change. I don't have a cooling problem. I think it's from my mods.

Should I order a canned set from you and then custom tune from there ? Is that how it works ? What exactly should I order ?

I'm a little worried about the lean issue. - Just went thru everything on the engine in preparation for tuning. Went with Denso (16's) for the plugs this time and replaced the coils along with many other components that were marginally bad.

Needless to say, It's just about ready and decided to go with PHP to get her running right.

Besides, I heard your looking for #500 - If not me, I'll help getting yuh there.

BTW - I can't find a computer code that's suppose to be inside the passenger side door ?

98 (Build- 07/98) 5.4L 4x4.
Windsor built 5.4L, E40D, Transgo kit, 9.75 Rear gear, Brembo rotors, Carquest blue's, Bilstein's, Ported & Polished Intake/TB, Pace setter LTH's, Magnaflow HFC's, Magnaflow 22X4 HF Mufler, Type 3 19lb Injectors, Volant Intake w/WIX Filter, 265/17 GY Fortera's.

Last edited by jbrew; Sat, January 17th, 2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: More info
Old Sat, January 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The lean condition is most likely from the CAI along with the headers. When you're ready to order your programmer, you'll be needing custom tuning in order to make everything work correctly.

As for the calibration code, there isn't anything you'll be able to provide until you get your Gryphon. The sticker on the PCM is useless if the PCM has been reflashed (and it most likely has been) so the best thing is to take it from the Gryphon display during bootup.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, January 17th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Whopper Junior

jbrew is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick response, that's what I wanted to hear - that's what I'll do then.
Windsor built 5.4L, E40D, Transgo kit, 9.75 Rear gear, Brembo rotors, Carquest blue's, Bilstein's, Ported & Polished Intake/TB, Pace setter LTH's, Magnaflow HFC's, Magnaflow 22X4 HF Mufler, Type 3 19lb Injectors, Volant Intake w/WIX Filter, 265/17 GY Fortera's.