Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Mon, January 19th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Mod list and review...updated as my wallet shrinks.

Well, I will rate what I have.

3" Level Kit- Was installed by Ford as part of the deal for the truck and is still covered under the warranty so cool. Will probably put some aftermarket front end pieces when the warranty is up at 75 to prevent any premature wear from the supposed bad angles. The kit is a steel one but I do not know the brand. No issues with it. Truck rides great, and handles very well on and off road.

Balck Powder Running Boards-Was installed by Ford and as OEM alos a part of the deal for the truck and is still covered under the warranty.

Black Westin Bull Bar-Very nice easy install. Took about 20 minutes because I did it in the wind like a :clueless: But good product, just have to fabricate a way to keep the tow hoks, just haven't had time to break out the welder and torch yet.

AFE Stage 2 CAI- Very great product, but install for my year was a PITA because ford moved a relay I ended up having to move a relay out of the way to see that the airbox needed to be trimmed. SO tin snips and 2o mins later all was good. Have tried numerous attempts to get the issue resolved with AFE but they are no longer responding. Great product, poor customer service unfortunately.

Flowmaster SIDO Super 40's- I love this exhaust. Amazing sound and the performance is just enough for me.
Line X Xtra Liner-Simply amazing. Hard as a rock!! Best liner I have ever seen. Wish they had this when I was running engine blocks around in the bed of 85 F150 and trashing the bed.

10K HID's-JLM 10K HID's for the headlights and fogs will be done soon. Bought from HID outlet on amazon and have totally satisfied. Great customer service and product. No issues.

Black Harley wannabe headlights- Install was easy forgot to re-seal first so have to do that now. They look great and focus my HID's better w/o the reflective lenses of the OEM's and came from ebay. (that just leaked and have to be fixed).

Recon smoked tails and 3rd brake light-Awesome stuff. Install was 15 mins for all. Shipped in quick time and was worth the $$. Changed the look of the truck totally.

PIAA 525's on the bull bar-Love these things. They work great, install was not too bad at all. They also have a blue LED that illuminates when they are off but the headlights are on that is sweet!

Superbright LED's in the Map, Dome, and Plate lights.-Look great! Easy to put in of course and will look better when the rest of the cab/gauge lights are done.

Blue LED's coming to the rest of the cab lights/gauges.

Suncoast ram air hood-It looks great, in the process of being painted and will be on Wed. Can't wait!

Black painted badges-Nice attitude change for the truck as I get rid of all the chrome. Checking them out for a bit and might put blue inlays in the text from patriot decals.

Patriot Decals Ovals-Custom SinCityFX4 Ford emblems for the tailgate and having a small one made for the Saleen grille on it's way. Hopefully will look good.

Saleen grille- On it's way here, and will install when the new hood is installed. Very excited.

^^ Well scratch that. Only available for Saleen owners or shops for repairs due to low inventory.:cry:

SCT Livewire- A very great product ordered from VMP, but I would have been better off with the xcalIII and saving the $$ for other things as the gauges are nice to use but the unit is large and cumbersome. SCT missed the mark here.

VMP tunes-Friggin awesome. Justin does great work. Truck is a monster now and I love to drive it.

Troyer Tunes ordered- Mike has a great ep and I look forward to seeing wht his tune is like.

PHP Gryphon on it's way-Waiting to see when this gets here. I had liked the look of the edge, but wanted custom tuning. If I had known about the Gryphon before I would have went this route sooner. I look forward to Bill's tuning and Corey's sense of humor

Last edited by SinCityFX4; Wed, January 21st, 2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: NO SALEEN GRILLE...YYaaarrggghhh!
Old Mon, January 19th, 2009, 09:28 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

that's quite a list theregreat breakdown on the pro's/cons too. the 10,000's look sweet
Old Mon, January 19th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for taking the time to post feedback about your mods! That's SO useful for customers trying to decide where to spend their money.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, January 19th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Helping any way I can....
:highfive: