Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, October 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Whopper Junior

Morkable is on a distinguished road
Default A little hand holding please

I feel like a new kid... I have been in Diesel performance for years, but in the cummins world... so now I have this 6.0 and I am lost

I have a 2007 F350 Dually, not sure of the gear ratio, but it is pretty low in my mind. I bought the truck with a 4 inch exhaust and a S&B Intake. Otherwise it is stock.

I am going to be putting a EGT delete in shortly.

This truck isnt driven daily, but when it is driven it is mostly highway miles, and it either has a camper in the box, or it is towing my race truck.. I am planning on buying a 5th wheel next year too.

What do I need to do, buy etc. I was up until this evening content on buying a SCT and calling it good,, now as I read more and more, the more and more confused I get.

What do I really need? I would like a bit more HP, espcially at highway speeds, it is kind of a dog when I pull out to pass... pretty decent off the start though.. Also I would like to get some fuel mileage out of this unit

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Kevin
Old Fri, October 12th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Imho. The ficm programer and using the atlas 40hp program is the best, at least for me. I've pretty much left all the 6.0's on the A40 setting. Good, safe towing power smooth running. It really is a great little program. Buy the programer keep it, for the gauges and code reader. After you do egr delete, you can use the ficm programmer(with bills help remoteing in to your computer) to either roll your pcm back to a better program or turn off the egr and keep the cel off.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Sat, October 27th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Stock Sucks!

TwinTurbo is on a distinguished road

x2 on the FICM programer, my '04 dually came with an edge evo and even on economy and tow tune the lag was bad and I could set off the egt alarm on a WOT run empty. I got the FICM programer rather than just using my evo so I could try all the programs and also because it displays more info. BIG diff in the giddyup and go!! Had it on A40 for awhile and noticed lower EGT's on WOT runs. Got it on A80 now just to try it, still playin around with it Truck doesn't get driven to much so not sure about mileage. Get the EGT probe with it if you dont have one already, and watch your coolant and oil temp differential so you'll know if you need to do the oil cooler when you do your EGR delete.

'95 F-250 Powerstroke, 350,000 Miles, Mods: Phoenix chip, 140V IDM, Diamond Eye DP to 4" straight pipe, CCV mod, Amsoil synthetics throughout.
'04 F-350, XLT Lariat, Powerstroke, CC, Dually, SS exhaust, AirRaid intake and filter, Edge Evolution, PHP FICM programmer.