Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford - All Other Vehicles > 1953 to 2020 F-Series (F-500 and Larger)

1953 to 2020 F-Series (F-500 and Larger) The Ford F-Series trucks are the powerhouses and workhorses of the Medium Duty Truck industry!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed, October 27th, 2021, 02:48 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
Grin Engine is here and coming together!

Good afternoon!

Got the engine back from the machine shop a few weeks ago and I've got most of it together now.

Ran into a small issue with the stupid balancer spacer. Lost the original piece and had to order one from Summit. They only had two, and one was sized for a specific balancer so I order the other one, which was actually the shorter of the two.

Spacer arrives and it is exactly 0.500" too long. Of course, I find that out after pressing it onto the snout and trying to install the balancer. Not gonna work. Yank it all back off and have the machine shop knock the 1/2" off the nose and now we're good.

Still need to get pulleys sorted along with the alternator bracket. Since this truck doesn't have power steering or A/C, this is going to be easy. Single groove pulley FTW!

I'm hoping to have the engine dyno together soon so that I can break the engine in and get a power curve before installing into the F600. We'll see how long that takes.

I've included pics. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 448FE.jpg (813.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20210212_101326.jpg (2.14 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20210824_170155.jpg (690.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20211016_102738.jpg (779.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg FE Engine - Front.jpg (1.83 MB, 7 views)

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!

Tags
335, 390, 448, build, engine, f600, ford, hungry, power