Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 03:44 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default Found my huckleberry......

I just KNEW it would rock.

MFD map from a manual truck along with changing the corresponding x/y axis normalizers in an automatic truck. It takes just a smidgen of "smoothing" to make a really nice APP feel. Of course, the shift scheduling has to be changed a bit........

They should have come from the factory this way.
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Never seen the MFD map from a manual........ care to share
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Here you go.

Here's the stock PMT1 MFD map. No changes. Notice the resolution of the A/D counts and the RPM. Ugh.

Here is a MFD map from a GDU3 (02 Manual) truck. No changes.

Here is a new MFD map that I started using Saturday in my towing tunes. It combines a nice gradual non-on/off APP and a more linear APP feel. It did require me to change the shifting characteristics a bit because of the increase in accelerator pedal movement (higher APP for similar engine output) but it makes controlling the accelerator pedal a lot easier. Besides, a lot of sensitivity can be taken out on the higher HP programs as well.

Granted, the normalizers (F11/F12) can be changed in the stock automatic program but then you have to build the MFD map to take full advantage of it.
For stock-ish trucks, this seems to have worked well for me.
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
BROKE

Nice...... this is one thing that has always bothered me about my truck, touchy pedal and after 2/3 of the pedal it is all the same, except for the shifting. The GDU3 maps seem more realistic, like how the pedal should work! I can see where shifting might be greatly affected, but should not be too hard to fix, well for you at least!
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:20 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Nice...... this is one thing that has always bothered me about my truck, touchy pedal and after 2/3 of the pedal it is all the same, except for the shifting. The GDU3 maps seem more realistic, like how the pedal should work! I can see where shifting might be greatly affected, but should not be too hard to fix, well for you at least!
It seems to me that it has to do with the resolution of the A/D counts and the ability to actually fill the additional spaces in the map with slightly different values rather than greatly changing ones where the interpolation lines are nearly vertical.

All of the manual trucks have a higher resolution but it is only for a nice gradual pedal feel since there is no "absorption" of power by an unlocked torque converter clutch. Not saying that all of the MFD maps are as clean as the later manuals such as GDU3 but they make more logical sense than the automatics do.
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Dave, I'll email you a stock PMT1 with this MFD and the normalizers changed so when you get your truck up and running again you can try it.
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:29 PM
BROKE

Sweeeeeetttttt..........

Would love to give it a try.........Thanks!
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:32 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

"You've got mail."
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:40 PM
BROKE

Got it!

So probably a dumb question, but what happens if you change the a/d count resolution on the stock PMT1 MFD map to resemble the GDU3?
Will they look similar? Sorry haven't played with changing any scaling yet.
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
BROKE

on second thought.....you cant change it........or can you?

on edit, I re-read your post nevermind.

Last edited by 907DAVE; Sun, January 3rd, 2010 at 08:53 PM.