Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Sat, September 4th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road
Default How do i do this?

Ok I believe im going to pull the trigger on a longtube header kit once i get a for sure answer if they are available for my truck. Also im going to get a ram air hood..... Now here comes my question I know i have to have my tunes redone, how do i do this? Do i call or fill out a form online?.... I know the headers require retuning but will the ram air hood effect anything. Also how long does it take for the tunes to come back from being redone. I also need to change my 91 performance to 93 performance.

Thanks,

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Sun, September 5th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Once you are sure they fit you can order new tunes however you want. You can fill out an online form or call. I'm not sure on the current wait time but I'd assume since you are going to be ordering new tunes it will still be the same wait.
Old Sun, September 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If the ram air hood is functional and leads to a CAI, you'll need tunes rewritten for it. Long tube headers will also need different tuning.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, September 5th, 2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
If the ram air hood is functional and leads to a CAI, you'll need tunes rewritten for it. Long tube headers will also need different tuning.

- Jack
Yeah i forgot to mention that, Im getting the fuctional hood but im keeping the K@N no point wasting the money on their CAI for benifits at 65 MPH and up. Plus i wont know how to get rid of the K@N. Im having enough trouble getting rid of my old factory rims and tires.

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Sun, September 5th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Forum Predator

Performance parts are easier to sell than stock parts because people usually want to upgrade. Go to F150online or a similar site that sees much traffic and post it there. If the ram air intake is cheaper than what you paid see if you can get that. Otherwise I'd start with taking pictures after you have removed it and cleaned it with a soapy rag and try getting 85% cost for it.
Old Mon, September 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Oh there has been many people that has been interested. Just nobody that is a honest person either they give me talk that they have sent a check and it never gets here or the check is a fraud check.. Its scary what some people will do for a quick buck these days. Ive just given up all hope on tring to sell things online.

Old Mon, September 6th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Forum Predator

Do you have a paypal account or something? I've used it a few times and it seems to work pretty well.
Old Mon, September 6th, 2010, 10:50 AM

nope dont have one.

Old Tue, September 7th, 2010, 08:37 PM

Well i got the email back from dynatech and they said they arent sure if they will fit my truck they offered to let me be the test dummy i guess you can say but im a little if-fy on that. does anybody have the pacesetters longtube headers on their truck if so how do you like them and have they been a hastle.

Old Fri, September 10th, 2010, 09:23 PM

would it be ok to have the headers and exhaust and hood put on with the custom tunes that i have now, or would that be a bad idea. I want to get all of it done before it starts getting cold. Would it be best to run my truck stock while these mods are added until my new tunes are done.

for the new tunes just to be clear would i just fill out a form like i orginally did and just add the mods unto it. And state that i need the tunes redone.

thanks,