Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, May 23rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Whopper Junior

morgan92798 is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Tunes Status

I read recently of someone suggesting a way for people to get their tune order status on this forum rather than calling or emailing PHP and someone responded that they've tried that and it didn't work out very well.

Unfortunately, I've searched and can't find that thread anymore. So working from memory, I’ll suggest something again and hope this wasn’t the exact thing that was proposed before.

I ordered my tunes in early March and I emailed PHP 4 or 5 times in the 4-7 week range asking for a status. Email works better for me since it’s hard for me to call during their hours. I didn’t get any responses and my purpose behind the emails was not to harass PHP but to 1) make sure they didn’t try to contact me with any questions and 2) make sure they didn’t send me an email stating my tunes were done. This was done mainly because of their admitted claims of email troubles. Then I saw Corey move my HEX code post to CLOSED which meant she had passed the info to Bill or Cody and this left me satisfied that my tunes were still in the works and I haven’t worried about the tunes since April because that was the confirmation I needed.

Last night, I got the email for Cody that my tunes were done. It hit me when I got it that if PHP processes the tunes in the order they receive them, that a simple “Complete Through” date on the forums would go a long way to easing the anxiety while waiting for the tunes. I’m sure that the different products would have different dates but something to the effect of “Gryphon: Tunes completed though 3/4/2012”; something that could be updated weekly if not more often. Had this been in place, I know I wouldn’t have sent any emails until after my order date had come and gone. Only after that date had passed and I hadn’t received any emails from PHP would I need to be concerned that an email didn’t get through or I didn’t do something right. It also lets people know before they order what the current backlog is.

Anyway, looking forward to trying out my tunes this weekend. Thanks.
Old Wed, May 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

The Pegasus program for the monochrome gryphons used to have that. Bill removed it from the software because people would complain that their position in line wasn't changing among many other complaints. Last I heard, orders were done in batches rather than in a fluid continuous order. When they are done in batches the system you proposed always caused trouble even though it seems ideal. The current system is far from perfect but it has been running the smoothest.
Old Fri, May 25th, 2012, 08:35 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
The Pegasus program for the monochrome gryphons used to have that. Bill removed it from the software because people would complain that their position in line wasn't changing among many other complaints. Last I heard, orders were done in batches rather than in a fluid continuous order. When they are done in batches the system you proposed always caused trouble even though it seems ideal. The current system is far from perfect but it has been running the smoothest.
x2!!!!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.