Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, June 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Whopper

Flats1 is on a distinguished road
Default Can't download custom tunes

I found out today my custom tunes were ready for download. So i'm trying to download the tunes but i'm getting a bunch of error messages. The first one that pops up when I hit update- custom file download internet. I get is a internet error incountered the page cannot be found. And then a message pops up saying process failed unable to loacte a valid target instruction file and then goes on to tell how that could happen. Then I click ok and then on the pegasus screen this comes up.
Unable to locate a Target Instruction file. Process failed
Update failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance

Can somebody help me? Is it something i'm doing wrong? Thanks Garret
Old Wed, June 27th, 2012, 03:32 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Flats, my guess is your tunes have been named with a serial number that doesn't match your unit. When you connect your Gryphon to Pegasus, you should see the Serial Number (S/N) in the information bar at the bottom of the Pegasus window. That number needs to be given to PHP so that Bill can rename your files.

In addition, it would help them if you filled out all the information in your User Profile. I see that it is mostly blank.

You'll probably have to call Corey during their office hours to get this straightened out.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, June 28th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Whopper

Flats1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I was able to talk to somebody and have to call back with my S/N on the pegasus page like you were saying. I also updated my information on my profile.
Old Fri, June 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Whopper Junior

peteb2424 is on a distinguished road

I also was told on the phone wensday my tunes would be ready but i havent gotten an email. I updated my cs on fusion 1 hour ago but everything in the still says edge evolution when you turn it on. Has there been a recent update by edge for the cs for a 7.3?
Old Sat, June 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteb2424 View Post
I also was told on the phone wensday my tunes would be ready but i havent gotten an email. I updated my cs on fusion 1 hour ago but everything in the still says edge evolution when you turn it on. Has there been a recent update by edge for the cs for a 7.3?
We don't hear about updates to the CS/CTS unless they are "major" ones that effect the life of the unit or those that might impact the safety of your vehicle.

I suspect your tunes are not ready, and have not been loaded. Just to be sure, go to [Help]->[Device Info] on the CS and look at the Calibration Version. If you see four zeros in the middle of that number as in n.0000.nnnn, you have custom tunes. If they are not zeros, your tunes are canned.

And I recently updated the tune download instructions for the CS/CTS. They are here: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...html#post59581

Hopefully, this will explain any funny behavior you see when you do yours.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, July 20th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Whopper Junior

eunecte is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem. But I try to get it fix by email but I have no answer from Bill. Corey she aware of the problem and she told me to send an email to Bill but still no answer. I send the first email the 8 of may and the last one on 18 of june and still no answer from bill.

I think I will have better chance to do it by phone I guest.
Old Fri, July 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunecte View Post
I have the same problem. But I try to get it fix by email but I have no answer from Bill. Corey she aware of the problem and she told me to send an email to Bill but still no answer. I send the first email the 8 of may and the last one on 18 of june and still no answer from bill.

I think I will have better chance to do it by phone I guest.
It's rare that anyone gets through using email. You might try the "Live Chat" feature which is the first link in the support tab on their website: Power Hungry Performance - Customer Support

- Jack