Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Orion Reflash System for Navistar

Orion Reflash System for Navistar Power Hungry Performance is the first in the industry to provide custom tuning
for the 1998 to 2007 Navistar Medium Duty platform!

If you have any questions or would like more information on Orion, please post here.

Old Fri, September 17th, 2021, 06:04 AM
Rattletrap driver

Absolution is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubfreak86 View Post
What pump bracket are you using for the dual SD pump’s

It's an eBay 044 dual. Some sellers let you order the thicker rubber for the thinner super duty pump. I just made the reducer from some rubber I had laying around.

Downside, it doesn't have a real mounting hole so I had to drill in the center of the bracket. It also requires the 044 check valves and some aluminum crush washers for sealing.

If I did it again I would go with a single AEM 400lpm and just keep a second one it cab.

The single AEM will support the same, if not more, than the dual super duties It requires less space and less fittings.

Only reason I originally went with duals was redundancy.
Old Fri, September 17th, 2021, 11:45 PM
Whopper

Veedubfreak86 is on a distinguished road

I already bought dual SD pumps, but I think I will stick with the mount I already have I was just wondering, I am going to mount my filters and pumps behind the saddle tank under the truck
Old Thu, October 7th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Rattletrap driver

Today I'm ordering the new clutch for the road ranger conversion.

It's a 109508-11Y it's the right model fit the t444e and dt466e flywheels, self adjusting, and extended lube intervals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211007-061618__01__01.jpg (301.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211007-061613__01.jpg (238.2 KB, 10 views)
Old Sun, October 10th, 2021, 07:28 PM
The few, the proud, the brave!

syntaxterror is on a distinguished road

Hi Absolution
What road ranger transmission are you going to use?
Old Mon, October 11th, 2021, 06:27 AM
Rattletrap driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxterror View Post
Hi Absolution
What road ranger transmission are you going to use?
Any used RTLO 13 speed to be honest. Just so long as it has a sae-2 bell housing which I found a company that will find and install the correct bellhousing from their yard. The one in looking at currently is a RTLO-16713 mainly due to it having a PTO pump on it already.

I ordered a oem 206ss (FP62062RS2) bearing which im going to check and make sure it's the correct inside diameter 1.18".

I'll probably also have to get the drive shaft shortened.

There is a guy on the trucker forum who convert his dt466 to a RTO6613. His was a complete drop in from a 6plus.

Edit: if you have an automatic there is a chance it's an sae-3 bellhousing.
Old Sat, November 6th, 2021, 08:14 PM
Big Sky State!!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
Any used RTLO 13 speed to be honest. Just so long as it has a sae-2 bell housing which I found a company that will find and install the correct bellhousing from their yard. The one in looking at currently is a RTLO-16713 mainly due to it having a PTO pump on it already.

I ordered a oem 206ss (FP62062RS2) bearing which im going to check and make sure it's the correct inside diameter 1.18".

I'll probably also have to get the drive shaft shortened.

There is a guy on the trucker forum who convert his dt466 to a RTO6613. His was a complete drop in from a 6plus.

Edit: if you have an automatic there is a chance it's an sae-3 bellhousing.

I would be interested to hear how your transmission swap goes. Also I would like to hear your thought on driving a 7.3L with a 13 speed.

I wish there was a lighter 13 speed with two or three od gears with top OD in the .61 to .65 range.
Old Thu, November 18th, 2021, 07:57 AM
Rattletrap driver

Well, First trip through the hills with this set up, on the way to pick up a car.

I think I'm "decently" tuned now at least for the option available to be.
Yesterday was the first trip I got to take to and from the WV hills grossing 27k. It was probably the best trip I've ever had. Before on most of the hills I would pull down to 25mph. But this time I never dropped below 45mph. Most of the 45mph hills were because there was another truck in front of me or if it was a long hill I had to run the splitter to raise rpm to cool it down. Dropping road speed in the process since the splits between gear ratios is pretty vast on this transmission. On very long pulls it would climb slowly to 1250/1300. So nothing really terrifying and I probably could keep it up there but I'd rather not have this rig break down any time soon lol. This also leads me to believe the old AD injectors were junked even though they would pass the buzz test.

My father's house finally sold so we have to start getting stuff out. We started with his car.
Also I don't have any boost leaks or uppipe leaks. Once I get my exhaust pressure gauge hooked up I'm thinking of cranking down on the waste gate some.
Besides that do you know of any other things I could do. I thought about water/methanol, but everyone is like "you don't need that with good tuning".
I didn't even have to drive this trip. So I got to get some photos and videos.
P.s. please ignore my duct tape gauges ��. I have a piece of kydex I need to bend for them.

I've also decided when I do the transmission next year I'm also going to chop the end off frame rails and lower the bed to accept 5th wheels. Plus pull the bumper pull hitch closer to the rear axle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211116_095559.jpg (506.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20211116_105708.jpg (441.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20211116_095604.jpg (455.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Absolution; Thu, November 18th, 2021 at 08:15 AM.
Old Thu, November 18th, 2021, 08:04 AM
Rattletrap driver

https://youtu.be/7zy1k29XQqw

https://youtube.com/shorts/e-nFZ1Q79D4?feature=share
Old Thu, November 18th, 2021, 08:37 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Just scooting right along! How's the fuel economy? Any noticeable difference on long hauls?

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, November 18th, 2021, 10:28 AM
Rattletrap driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Just scooting right along! How's the fuel economy? Any noticeable difference on long hauls?
It actually seemed to stay the same. So it didn't get worse at least giving how much of an improvement was made. I really think a transmission with an OD in the flat land would really raise it though. My reasoning for this is I'm watching the fuel gauge and the mountains aren't what pull it down. It's the final leg doing 2600RPM non stop when it doesn't need too.

I'm actually washing off the vehicles right now. Then I'm going to to gas station. I think I used 65-68gallons on way up. But I'll find the receipt.

Last edited by Absolution; Thu, November 18th, 2021 at 05:12 PM.