Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Towing

Towing This forum is specifically for questions, comments, or ideas about towing with your vehicle.

Old Mon, July 12th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Whopper

bigburg is on a distinguished road
Default Truck tows great

I have had my Gryphon for a a few months and I have been very happy with it and with Bill. I have custom 87 perf and custom 91 tow tune. The custom 87 perf has the shift points dead on and on the highway I can mash the skinny pedal and pass at 70 mph plus with power to spare.
Now for the towing. I towed a 27ft 6900lb travel trailer (weighed at scale). I noticed a dramatic change in how she performedover stock. The trans held gears longer keeping the RPM's up and staying in the power curve. I was able to drive on the flats with OD on but I kept it off most of the time. On hills I was able to maintain 60 to 65 mph with minimal effort.
I decided to see how she performed going from a dead stop on a hill and merging on to the highway. I went to the Puyallup fairgrounds to find the ideal hill climb. There is a spot on the fairgrounds where you can merge onto hwy 512 from meridian. The on ramp is a hill which leads to the hwy which on that portion is also a good size hill. I hit the on ramp from a red light and mashed the pedal. The RPS's jumped and my magnaflow catback was sounding mean. In short order I was at 60mph which on that hill is really good going from a complete stop. I then hit 75mph and held that speed all the way to the top. If anyone here knows the hill I am talking about you would know why I am so impressed with how my truck did.
The Gryphon has done a great job and the tunes are spot on.
Gryphon Custom 92 Tow & Custom 87 Perf, Magnaflow SI/DO, Air Raid CAI
Old Tue, July 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Yup! That's about how I rate my custom tunes too. The power is there when you need it, towing or not. Thanks for the feedback.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer