Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sun, November 21st, 2010, 06:49 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Hmmm, good points...but I think your still crazy, just not as much as before.

LOL

No, you are right, I am.
Old Sun, November 21st, 2010, 06:53 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
LOL

No, you are right, I am.
GOOD!!!!

That makes two of us then.
Old Sun, November 21st, 2010, 06:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Hmmm, good points...but I think your still crazy, just not as much as before. We only get snow for about 5 minutes a year.

It is just that 2 days of ice that is dangerous.
I think we get even less, but, would you believe, shortly after we moved into our current home, we had snow here on Easter! (We were out walking in the undeveloped space behind our home at the time.)

When I left Pennsylvania, back in '84, I left my snow shovel as a housewarming present to the new owners! Then, a flippin' snowstorm followed us all the way from the Philadelphia area to just south of Albuquerque! It was like a "We're gonna get'cha - you can run, but you can't hide". I'm happy to visit snow in the mountains now, but that's about it.

- Jack
Old Mon, November 22nd, 2010, 10:51 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Got our first shot Sunday morning.....it was ice.....
Took the dog with me and his misjudging the conditions landed him curbside......poor thing did have no grip!

We saw alot of vehicles abandoned in the ditch that morning....

Today is a rain snow mix.....with no accumalations expected here......

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, November 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Well, since Friday morning, our COUNTY ALONE has had about 300 EMS calls for reported slide-offs, rollovers, wrecks, etc. on the interstate. This does not include those folks who run off the road and are able to get back on and continue on their way.

The scanner hasn't shut up in about 55 hours.

For what it's worth, the length of the interstate through Stillwater County is only about 40 miles.
Old Mon, November 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
Forum Predator

Dang Cody, that might out number the number of calls down here. But the smart people over here just call in sick when there is frozen precipitation. We usually get one or two bad days but they usually produce nothing but black ice and sleet. But we also have many emergencies because the municipalities dont carry salt and barely any sand. I dont understand why they dont use beach sand over here. That has natural salt mixed in and is only a few hundred miles away.

Luckily it has been in the 70s and low 80s the last few days so I could get my bike running.
Old Mon, November 22nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I really wish that the county and state would just quit putting de-icer and sand on the road. That would force more people to either stay off the road or learn to drive. Seriously. In the 18 years that I have been driving in this kind of crap, I have never once come close to running off the road....but then again, I have a head on my shoulders and EXPECT it to be slick. The only people I feel bad for are the ones who are the victims of the idiots' actions.

I couldn't work for the county or state driving the trucks that have the sand/salt or de-icer in them.....my conscience wouldn't let me destroy other peoples' vehicles. That's the main reason I don't drive nice vehicles during the winter. I like to be able to keep my vehicles rust-free.
Old Mon, November 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
Forum Predator

My dad works for the power company so when the roads get covered in ice and the power lines start coming down he has to drive out. What has really had him mad the last few years is that they give everyone ONE PAIR of snow chains. He drives a huge bucket truck that probably weights 10 tons with all the tools and machinery. Funny thing is he always had the least amount of damage compared to the other guys. His secret was putting one on the front driver side tire and the other on one of the following dually tires.

My only experience with driving on ice was riding my mountain bike. I also remember the front brake working a little too well, the tire getting REALLY good traction and I went flying over the handlebars like superman. My conclusion, a belly flob on frozen water hurts even more than one on regular water.