Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, February 24th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road
Default Sad day boys, Sad day

Lost my rope horse yesterday, Willie was a helluva hoss. I'm not much for getting tore up over animals but this one is different for me, I raised him from the day he hit the ground & broke him & trained him myself. Won $$ at jackpots & rodeos any place we went & he was honest as a dollar, turn him out for months then go catch him knock the mud off & go rope any time. Hell he even sent my wife to the pay window at barrel races & she didn't even know which way was up. The best memory I'll hang on to was at a roping & my grandson was 4 so he was on Willie & I was walking him around the arena, an old fella looked up & said "hey son you sure look good ridin that horse" & Shane told him "yessir this is my horse & he is the best horse we got." I hope the Good Lord has him on good grass belly high with fresh springs all around.
Old Thu, February 24th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear that, I definitely know how you feel.
Old Thu, February 24th, 2011, 08:52 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Sorry to hear that, CJ.

Hang on to your saddle horn, son!
Old Fri, February 25th, 2011, 07:51 AM

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road

I'm a country boy but not a horse owner so most of what you said didn't make any sense to me, but I just wanted to offer my condolences.

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel
Old Fri, February 25th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6401 View Post
I'm a country boy but not a horse owner so most of what you said didn't make any sense to me, but I just wanted to offer my condolences.
A good roping horse is higher on the totem pole than many of the relatives.
Old Fri, February 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
A good roping horse is higher on the totem pole than many of the relatives.
Thanks fellas,
I couldn't have said it better, I have a 5yo coming along but dam it takes a bunch of wet saddle pads to make a good one & I ain't getting any younger. Sounds like you know the feeling Longshot, back in the box & if the boy on the head turns him I always knew that lil red joker would give me my shot, he held up his end quite a few more times than I did. I always wondered how good he could have been if somebody that knew what they were doing trained on him awhile. I just stayed out of his way & let him make a horse out of hisself, if you know what I mean. He was a cow hateing SOB rite from the get go. BTW I kept him through 2 divorces ... lol
Old Fri, February 25th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Forum Predator

My great grandpa and my mom have been more into the trail events but my great grandpa trained all kinds of horses. He did everything from breaking brood mares to some championship polo horses. He also liked to train his horses to do tricks. I can post some pics. We still have some of the originals from the 50's.
Old Fri, February 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM

Go ahead & put up the pics, folks used to really take the time to make a horse nowdays seems like everybody shoves everything at em in a few months & wonders why they blow up
Old Fri, February 25th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Forum Predator

Well the majority of the people who show and do horses don't train the horse themselves. Everyone around here sends them off to other states to be trained.

We've always trained our own animals.

Old Fri, February 25th, 2011, 08:19 PM

Great pics, I know what you mean most of the folks just wanna throw thier silver saddles on & ride around the arena. Pay big $$ to have someone else make the horse.