Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Sun, April 10th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Double Whopper

jumpn is on a distinguished road
Default Pending Gear change, new tune needed?

It's been forever since I've been on this site. Anyway, I can't recall if I will need a new tune for my 99 when I get 4.56 gears installed. If so, how long would the turn around time be for a tune to be written? I'm heading to Silver Lake Michigan for some sand dune wheeling, and want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it while running around on the beach.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I didn't see an answer that seemed to pertain to my situation.

thank you, Jumpn
Old Sun, April 10th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Double Whopper

Well, I'm embarassed. I just looked at my inbox private messages, and saw that Bill had answered my question a long time ago. I was going to get my gears changed, then had a couple family emergencies come up, and had to put truck stuff on hold for a bit. Bill left me a message that he had the calibrations ready, and just needed to be notified when I was ready, so I guess I will do that now!
Old Sun, April 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Dang, Bill is so quick he answered your question before you even asked it.
Old Sun, April 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Double Whopper

Yep! I didn't know Gryphon's could alter the time/space continuum.

I just emailed Cory my info, so I'm hopeful that this should be quick and easy.
Old Mon, April 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Double Whopper

Question

I'm hoping that my Gryphon can still be updated. I remember reading that PHP is not selling the model that i have anymore, but hopefully my calibration is still in their computers someplace.
Old Mon, April 11th, 2011, 09:42 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpn View Post
I'm hoping that my Gryphon can still be updated. I remember reading that PHP is not selling the model that i have anymore, but hopefully my calibration is still in their computers someplace.
If you had your Edge converted to a Gryphon before they stopped doing it (due to the cable problems), they will continue to support you. Your tunes are somewhere in their files. They'll just have to find them and put them on the Pegasus server.

You should make sure you are using the most current version of Pegasus now. Click on [Support]->[Downloads] on this page: Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER! to access the Pegasus download link.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, April 14th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Double Whopper

Thank you, JackandJanet. Definately breathing a sigh of relief. I did download Pegasus again, so hopefully I'll be ready. I bought my Gryphon back in February of 2009 IIRC, so I'm sure Im good to go with their supporting it.
Old Sun, April 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You MAY need to login to their Flashchat system and make sure Bill or Cody knows about this. Since I haven't seen any response from them in this thread, I doubt they are aware of your needs.

But, since you've downloaded Pegasus, start it up and plug your Gryphon into the PC. (Make sure you returned your truck to stock before removing the Gryphon.)

Then, when Pegasus shows that your Gryphon is connected, click on [Updates]->[Custom File Download]. If your custom files are still on the server, they will be found and you can go ahead and install them. This is worth a try and won't hurt anything if they're not there.

- Jack
Old Mon, April 18th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Double Whopper

OK, will do. I totally would have forgot to return truck to stock!!! Thank you so much.
Old Tue, April 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Double Whopper

Well, I think I'm set. Reset my truck to stock, connected Gryphon to my computer, followed directions, and it said it had updated.. I will reconnect to my truck later tonight and see what comes up.