Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sat, January 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Come Get Some

hampsterzone is on a distinguished road
Default CAI indepth.....

I have heard many arguments on CAI. Gotts mod, CAI, ect. Well, a very good friend who is a mechanic of 25 yrs, gave me the low down. CAI's are the best for adding horsepower. The Gotts mod is cheap and effective but not as much as CAI. Moving the MAF sensor doesn't cause lean codes. It reads air flow no matter where it is. Lean codes come from custom exausts not CAI. Low back pressure cause the lean codes. Which makes sense cause I never had a lean code with my edge and CAI alone. But when I did headers and true dual exhaust I saw lean codes on bank #1 and bank #2. We did find that the Gotts mod is the cheapest, easiest mod you can do. But again, it is in my opinion that it depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. Hope this helps. Oh and by the way, removing cats could be the worst thing you could do as far as causing our engines to run lean. I am not an expert but my friend has worked on many F150's and says they are great trucks to modify if you take your time and do it right. Thanks guys.

2012 FX4 Waldoch M80 Edition Supercrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Road Armor Grill Guard, huge smile!