Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed, September 22nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Whopper

O SEA D is on a distinguished road

G'day Reg I am still doing a bit of testing with the chip at this stage. I have tried a few different combos of tunes, which is the best thing about the FU, and no doubt I will keep trying a few more till I find the ones I really like to get the truck to suit my needs.

I currently have
40 Tow
65 Tow
80 Tow
80 DD
100 Performance
120 Race

I will try all the towing tunes soon when I tow the boat up to Tin Can Bay, but I have had a bit of a play with the other tunes and I think I am leaning toward the 100 Performance for a Daily Driver.

In the 100 Performance tune the truck just seems to run real smooth and has plenty of power if I need it.

The 120 Race has all the power I will ever need and runs real smooth too but I think if I ran this tune all the time my fuel consumption would suffer.

I am pretty sure my motor has the Powered Metal Rods so I dont think I will try the 140 Extreme for fear of breaking something. Unless someone can tell me I can use it safely.

I have reburned the chip three times in two days, so I think that this FU Chip is a great idea for us living Down Under as I would have been without the chip for weeks if I had to send it back to be reburned if I wasn't happy with my choices.

Scott

Last edited by O SEA D; Thu, September 23rd, 2010 at 05:09 AM.