Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road
Default Can not re-load canned tunes

I know by the title you guys are thinking "Why on earth would a person go from custom tunes to the canned tunes???"

Well the answer is simple, if you followed my issues with my engine up to the point that Ford replaced it and I got a new PCM AND a new HEX code then you would have the answer.

So anyways I have been in contact with Bill about getting my tunes re-configured for the new HEX code. But between my being busy with life and Bill being busy with all the things that have been going for him I am just getting around to getting my new HEX code to him.

So in the meantime while Bill is working on the tunes I *thought* he told me I could plug the gryphon into the internet and re-load the canned tunes back on to it. Well I gave it the old college try yesterday and no luck. I thought I might have an old version of pegasus (I did) so I deleted it and downloaded the latest version, but still no luck.

I keep getting this error.

Quote:
"Unable to determine Gryphon version
The Gryphon may be in run mode, is set as a stock writer or the memory is corrupted"
Can any of you guys tell me if I'm doing it wrong or am I going to have to send the unit back for some issue?

Thanks for the help.

Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think your Gryphon may still be programmed to a Level above 0? When you had all that work done on your truck, did you return the PCM in it to stock first?

If not, then I think Bill WILL have to help you get back to stock, before you can go back to canned tunes, or before you can upload any new custom tunes too.

Looks like you need Bill's help regardless.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Thanks for the response.

Yes I did program it back to 0 before I took it out of my truck, before taking it into the shop for the work.

Hmmmmm o well, I have been untuned for this long, a little while later won't be that big of deal.

Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I will post up something in the mod board and lable it non emergency.
Ok?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Cool thanks.

I did send Bill a PM but I know he is busy with the holiday weekend and all so I ain't stressed about it.

Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think you'll get a fairly quick response on this - kudo's to you for being patient!

Sorry we can't help more.

- Jack
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Cali Gestapo!

No worries at all. If the truth be told Bill asked me to PM him my new HEX code a while ago... and life got in the way then he and Corey were busy and well I guess I just got around to sending it to him this week.

Great timing huh, holiday weekend

I'm sure it will take but a few typed lines for him to tell me what I am doing wrong and I'll be back on the road.

I tell ya though. I was untuned for the last 2-3 weeks before my engine got replaced and that truck was a D-O-G. I was untuned AND had a engine that was literally eating itself. Got the new engine back and didn't rightly remember the other engine having as much power stock as this one did.

I will be anxious to see/feel/hear the power when I get the mad scientist's tune loaded up.

Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I'll let him know he needs to address this!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, July 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Cali Gestapo!

...Bump...

Old Tue, July 7th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Bill just tried to call -- left a message.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019