Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Thu, August 11th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road
Default I have been gone a long time..

But, I am back.
This is not a prayer request...but the results thereof.
The last two years have been a real challenge for me, but with the Grace of God two weeks ago I was declared, "cured" of cancer.
The last time I checked in I know I mentioned that a small carcinod rectal tumor had been discovered and removed during a routine colonoscopy.
The doctors were "pretty sure" they had got it all, but we had a path to go down that took time, and only upon completing the path would they say, "cured"
That path included another 'scope last year, and some really not-fun scans and tests this year.
And I prayed, and my friends and family did too.
Once I got that diagnosis, it pretty much set my life aside for me until it was over. There was too much to think about and too much to deal with for me to focus on anything outside my family. Beyond that I was sorta stalled out.
Our prayers have been answered, and once again, God has been there for me when I was most needful, heard the cries of this sinner, and shed his grace on me.
So I can now play with my 3 yr. old Granddaughter, Nevaeh-Rose, and not be distracted. I can, after having traveled this path, offer you the following.

-Live every moment, do everything you can every day to make the most of your life.
-Every time I talk to my adult sons on the phone, the conversation ends with, "I love you'. You never know when you will say it for the last time.
-My wife and I are closer than ever before. After 34 years together, married for 30 of them, I did not think this was possible.
-Believing in God and having a personal relationship with Him does not mean sitting in a church for an hour on Sunday. I have prayed so intensely at night , and it brings me such peace... that I have found myself falling asleep in the act of prayer. I felt bad about that at first, but then saw the humanity in it.
Find the Lord in your heart first, then you will find peace and His presence everywhere in your life.

Enough pontificating, LOL.

We are going to take the granddaughter to the county fair tomorrow, and then load the camper on the truck and hook up to the boat and take off for a few days at the end of the month. I am gonna get ahold of Bill to tweak some shifting parameters, and we are going to enjoy ourselves out in the desert this fall hunting ghosttowns in northwestern Nevada with our friends and family.

It is good to be back.
In every sense of the word.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge
Old Thu, August 11th, 2011, 10:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sam! Good to hear from you again!

I'm dealing with a bit of prostate cancer myself, so I have some idea what you're going through. I'll probably have to make some rather serious decisions after my next biopsy, ones I'd rather not have to make, but, it's what's down the road for most of us, eh?

Anyway, glad to see you on the forum again and hope the problems with your truck DID get worked out?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, August 11th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road

thanks Jack and you will be in my prayers tonight.
Bill gave it the old college try but was not able to clear the codes set by my modding the EBPV..other than that it has been fine until we towed the boat a couple of weeks ago and it is "hunting" between 2nd and 3rd at low speeds, like 35 ish and part throttle climbing a hill, in the tow programs. I switch it back to stock and the trans seems happier.
Frankly, it has been so long since I drove it and worked it at all that I can't remember what it did last time, i am just going to ask Bill to look at the trans tunes.
Good to be back.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge
Old Fri, August 12th, 2011, 07:39 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome back....glad you're doing better....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.