Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Wed, November 16th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Cohrons Need You

Our sons were walking their friend Amelia home tonight (she lives in our neighborhood, and our rule is that you always walk a lady home after dark). On the way, Amelia told Wil to give her a piggy back ride. Somehow, it didn't all work out; they both fell, and she fell on his leg. Liam came running back in yelling, "Wil's on the ground and can't move!"

Billy drove around the corner and found Wil on the ground. He asked if he could stand, and when Wil tried to, he squeaked in pain. Billy picked up our young man, put him in the car, and carried him into the house.

Wil's lower left leg was swelling up pretty quickly. We had friends over and asked for their opinions, too. The four of us decided he should probably go to the hospital. As it turns out, it was the right decision.

Wil broke both lower bones in his leg. His tibia is broken at a wicked angle, and the fibula doesn't look so hot either. We were advised not to let him put ANY weight on it until he sees the orthopedist at 8AM tomorrow so as not to do any more damage. He also can't eat or drink after midnight in case he needs surgery.

Yes, these things happen. It's just so hard when it's your own child.

Please keep us in your prayers tomorrow!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, November 16th, 2011, 11:06 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Thoughts and prayers sent.....

Send Wil our best wishes on a quick recovery....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, November 17th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Nothin' Stock

majek5 is on a distinguished road

This is why we have kids...to add to the stress level already in our lives! Hope all goes well.

stock...
Old Thu, November 17th, 2011, 09:34 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Oh Corey! You have to be asking, "Why now, with all that's coming up?" Sadly, Janet and I don't have an answer.

But, you're all strong, so I know you'll get through this and I'm sure Wil is going to be fine. The young seem to mend regardless, and it sounds like he's in good hands.

You're in our thoughts.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, November 17th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

Definitely praying! That is hard for any parent!!
Autometer gauges
WW/ATS 1.0 exhaust housing
Hutch/Harpoon in tank mods/hpX line
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Fri, November 18th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Nothin' Stock

majek5 is on a distinguished road

Update? How is everyone doing?

stock...
Old Sun, November 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Wil came through the surgery just fine -- the I.V. was the hardest part (I hate them, too). He had three nurses (all moms) who treated him like their own.

We have to get x-rays done on Wednesday to make sure that everything is aligned as expected, and if they're not, there's still time to go back and fix them (gosh, I hope not!). We had never seen these particular orthopedists, but both doctors in the practice were absolutely amazing.

In the meantime, I have to get pre-op testing done tomorrow morning since we won't be here next week... as if we haven't been away from the office enough!

We have a huge U-shaped couch. I told Wil that after my surgery on December 5, I'll take another side and Liam and Billy can just care for us together.

Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. We know they work!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, November 20th, 2011, 06:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thank YOU, Corey, for keeping us "in the loop". I was on pins and needles.

- Jack
Old Mon, November 21st, 2011, 04:39 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Good to know!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, November 22nd, 2011, 02:40 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

We take him in for x-rays tomorrow to make sure the bones are aligned correctly. I'm sure everything is going to be just fine. He hasn't even taken any pain meds since Sunday.

Thank you again!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019