Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 10:00 AM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road
Default what is your cold cranking voltage?

went through some interesting stuff a few weeks back when my battery started to go. first gryphon screen didnt come up, battery lasted another week or so then died.

since then, ive been looking at my bat v on every startup. i consistantly get a reading of 10.9 volts WHILE CRANKING after the truck sits overnight.

im not running a optima or anything just interested in other ppl's readings for comparison.

peace
Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 11:22 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I've never really paid attention to cranking voltage.
Now after a few times of the truck sitting for a week and not having the tender on during that period its been 11.7-12.4 volts before cranking.
I'll make sure to pay attention to this for you and post it up in a couple of days.
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 11:30 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think you'll find, 88, that the voltage drops into the 10V (or even high 9V) range as you're cranking. That starter is pulling a lot of current. And, my radio, A/C and headlights are almost always on too. The truck is in a garage in low light and the headlights are auto-on.

But, you'll have to have your CTS ON to see it, and I find I rarely turn it on before cranking. Also, if the truck starts quickly, as mine does, you have very little time to see the voltage.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Yep.
Kick off some off the amenities like the auto lights and then turn key, wait for the CTS to boot up to the display screen, then start.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.