Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, May 26th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Whopper

gregk63 is on a distinguished road
Default DTC alerts, trk won't run. '04 5.4l 150

I know I'm gonna hear it (and probably deserve it), but it all started when I decided to clean my '04 F-150 engine compartment with some Gunk engine cleaner and the trusty ole garden hose. Did this Sunday night. It started afterwards; let it run for about 5 min, but Monday morn it would start and immediately quit. Rode my Gixxer and left the hood up. Started fine after work Monday eve, but engine light was on. Unhooked neg battery term for about 3 min, restarted fine and ran for about 5 min. Drove to work Tuesday ok, but on way home the wrench symbol illuminated and about 1 min later the DTC alerts started going crazy.
DTC's were 4,6,7,10. Think it actually quit after 6. Tried to restart because I was on entrance ramp and was trying to back off. Let it set @ park and ride Tuesday night. The repair shop that I took it to said the Throttle body assy needed replaced, but shortly after the truck was running fine; Wednesday afternoon. My father drove it home but as of 7p Wed truck wont start again. The shop provided me with the following codes he retrieved: P0221, P2104, P2106. P2111, P2135. HELP
Old Wed, May 26th, 2010, 09:16 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregk63 View Post
I know I'm gonna hear it (and probably deserve it), but it all started when I decided to clean my '04 F-150 engine compartment with some Gunk engine cleaner and the trusty ole garden hose. Did this Sunday night. It started afterwards; let it run for about 5 min, but Monday morn it would start and immediately quit. Rode my Gixxer and left the hood up. Started fine after work Monday eve, but engine light was on. Unhooked neg battery term for about 3 min, restarted fine and ran for about 5 min. Drove to work Tuesday ok, but on way home the wrench symbol illuminated and about 1 min later the DTC alerts started going crazy.
DTC's were 4,6,7,10. Think it actually quit after 6. Tried to restart because I was on entrance ramp and was trying to back off. Let it set @ park and ride Tuesday night. The repair shop that I took it to said the Throttle body assy needed replaced, but shortly after the truck was running fine; Wednesday afternoon. My father drove it home but as of 7p Wed truck wont start again. The shop provided me with the following codes he retrieved: P0221, P2104, P2106. P2111, P2135. HELP
This is certainly not a tuning problem, but it does sound like water around the COP boots - probably deteriorated boots?

I can't imagine why the shop would say the Throttle Body needs replacing. That sounds totally out to lunch. You may have corrosion or bad connections at the throttle position sensor, again caused by the "flood".

My guess is ignition. You probably need new coils, or, you MAY need a new TPS.

I haven't a clue what the P2104, P2106. P2111, P2135 codes are.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, May 26th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Haha I think we tried submitting the info at the same time. I got a connection error and I had to start over. Aside from what you covered I think the codes you dont recognize are scrambled:

(I dont think there are any P2000 codes)
P2104
P1204 Injector Circuit Open / Shorted - Cylinder #4
P1240 Sensor Power Supply Malfunction

P2106
P1206 Injector Circuit Open / Shorted - Cylinder #6
P1260 THEFT Detected, Vehicle Immobilzed

P2111
P1211 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Above / Below Desired
P1121 TP Sensor Inconsistent With MAF Sensor
P1112 IAT Sensor Intermittent

P2135
P1235 Fuel Pump Control Out Of Range

Good guess on the ignition
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Whopper

gregk63 is on a distinguished road
Default new throttle body

replaced throttle body today. Truck runs now but still has some serious hesitation. taking it to the dealer tommorrow; its above my head
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 10:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregk63 View Post
replaced throttle body today. Truck runs now but still has some serious hesitation. taking it to the dealer tommorrow; its above my head
That COULD be damage in the COP/plug areas. It really bugs me, because I like to wash my engine too. I'm really afraid to do much to the engine bay in my truck, due to all the horror stories I read shortly after I got it.

As I posted on f150online when you brought it up over there, I discovered you cannot simply replace the TPS (which was probably toast) on 2004 engines. You have to replace the entire Throttle Body.

- Jack
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

For future reference on DTC codes especially multiple ones in a single event.
Try to get them in order of appearance.
It usually the 1st to 3rd that are the indicating ones and the rest can sometimes be redundant.
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I think taking it to the dealership is the best thing you could do.