Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Burnt Whopper

crash_lucky13 is on a distinguished road
Default High Flow Cats help

ok, so figured out i had blocked cats. they would glow red hot when i drove. pretty bad. so i gutted the 2 front ones, cut the rears off and put on high flows, put the rear o2 within 6" of my rears. is THIS enough to change my tune? truck already has gibson exhaust, headers, tb, electric fans, 4.10 gears, fresh transmission, new upper intake manifold, plugs, etc.
Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 09:16 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think so but I'll post a note for bill to look at this.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Are you still in NM? Have you gotten your truck registered yet?

The problem with gutting the front two catalytic converters is that you WILL NOT pass emissions because you will get P0420 and P0430 codes due to catalyst efficiency (of which you will have none).

I just talked to Bill about this and his advice was to take your new rear cats, install them in the front locations since the front cats are the ones affected by A/F corrections. You WILL need new tunes to alter the diagnostic strategy for the high-flow cats and also to turn off the rear O2 sensor diagnostic.
Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Burnt Whopper

crash_lucky13 is on a distinguished road

yes still in new mexico... well when i get to those codes i'll know thats where i'm supposed to be.... guess i'll try to do some tinkering and see if Gotts Mod will help me out on this one. worth a shot i guess
Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 03:13 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The Gotts Mod isn't going to fix a cat problem. It DOES seem to improve air intake at high RPMs though.

Try to deal with one issue at a time. Don't go hog wild and change a bunch of things at once. That kind of approach can create strange interactions that cause problems that are hard to diagnose.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
The Gotts Mod isn't going to fix a cat problem. It DOES seem to improve air intake at high RPMs though.

Try to deal with one issue at a time. Don't go hog wild and change a bunch of things at once. That kind of approach can create strange interactions that cause problems that are hard to diagnose.

- Jack
I think he might be talking about the gotts o2 mod?

Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 04:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

OK,

- Jack
Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
OK,

- Jack
Gotts has one to many mods, doesn't he?
The Gotts O2 mod with pics - F150online Forums