Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, June 24th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Whopper

pat28 is on a distinguished road
Default Custom tunes for winter set-up and summer setup

Hi,

I am currently running the edgo evo along with a 6'' lift kit with 35'' tires on my 2006 F150 Fx4. I just installed new 4.56 gears and a completely new exhaust system is going on it in a couple of weeks. (dual, hi-flow cats, xpipe etc). Here is my problem: since I live in Quebec, Canada, where we see a lot of snow/ ice during the winter I have to roll with winter tires which are stock size(31ish inches) for safety issue... QUESTION: is it possible to have a custom tune that I will be able to run only during the winter so that m 4.56 gear ratio wont make my rpm go wild with the smaller 31ish tires?

I do know that I have to upgrade my edge to a gryphon to get custom tunes.

Thanks in advance!
Pat
Old Thu, June 24th, 2010, 05:49 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I think that can be done but Bill would know for sure.
But......
You could use the custom option menu and change the te and gr yourself. When its needed.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, June 24th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Whopper

pat28 is on a distinguished road

I know i can change the gearing on the programmer myself... but I'd still be keeping the 4.56 winter and summer... i've already tried keeping the 4.56 ratio on the programmer with 31ish tires and rpms are WAY too high!... which is just normal. I figured that maybe with a custom tune it could solve or at least diminish that problem for the 3months during the winter i'd be rolling with smaller tires.