Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Whopper

danesjewelry is on a distinguished road
Default soft shift

i have a 2002 supercrew 4.6,cai,dual exhaust,in march i bought a gyrphon programmer with 1 custom tune(87 performance).while i was waiting on the custom tune,i installed the programmer and ran it on stock 87 tow.the transmission shifted firm, i loved it.well my custom tune just came in - & i installed it.the truck runs unbelievable but the transmission seems to shift soft(like before anything was done). is there anything i can do to firm it up? it also seems to fall into overdrive pretty fast. any help would be greatly apprec. hex ODALlM5
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

You can go into the custom options menu and adjust the shift firmness and shift point. To make the shift firmer raise the value. There is a point when the truck will shift way too hard so take your time and adjust gradually. You can also keep the truck from shifting into O/D by raising your 4th gear upshift and downshift then raise your 4th gear torque converter lock/unlock points the same amount. Just keep the points raised by the same amount to limit the amount of mixed signals the transmission will receive.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 01:38 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Dane,

I can bump up the shifting for you. Let me know which (if not all) gear need to be adjusted and I'll fix it and get an update on the server for you. I'd just really hate to have you need to tweak tunes when they're supposed to be set up for you.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 08:28 AM
Whopper

Default DO WHAT YOU DO BEST

thank you very much Mr. Cohron,it isnt often in life when people get a chance to deal with someone like you.you are truly an assett to have in todays society.all that i really would love is just to have the shifts firmed up a little and it seems that the rpm's fall off quite a bit when it goes into overdrive.i have all the trust in the world in you -you do what ever you think is best. AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EVERYTHING. HEX-ODALlM5 inv.#2714
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 10:05 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by danesjewelry View Post
thank you very much Mr. Cohron,it isnt often in life when people get a chance to deal with someone like you.you are truly an assett to have in todays society.all that i really would love is just to have the shifts firmed up a little and it seems that the rpm's fall off quite a bit when it goes into overdrive.i have all the trust in the world in you -you do what ever you think is best. AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EVERYTHING. HEX-ODALlM5 inv.#2714
The problem here, is that Bill can't quite "get into" your mind. You're giving Bill a pretty good idea what to do with the shift firmness, but is it possible that in your original tune request that you might have put some emphasis on fuel economy? If you did that, Bill may have lowered the points at which upshifts occur to get you into a more economical gear range sooner.

Hope I'm making sense here.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Dane,

I have any update for you. Make sure you return to stock before you run the update.

Let me know if these work better for you.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
Whopper

i am not worried about fuel economy really ,i would love for the transmission to shift a little more aggressively- firmer (that may mean at a higher rpm)-just a more positive shiftt-(not sliding in gear).the more power i can have witha custom 87 performance tune the better. i hope this helps
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 02:03 PM
Whopper

in post #6 Mr Cohron said "i have any update for you, and let me know if thesework better for you". how do i go about getting this update? i am sorry for the trouble.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

After you return your truck to stock you take it out and plug it into the computer to run pegasus. Then I'm pretty sure you just click "custom file download"
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 02:08 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by danesjewelry View Post
in post #6 Mr Cohron said "i have any update for you, and let me know if thesework better for you". how do i go about getting this update? i am sorry for the trouble.
You make sure you have the latest version of Pegasus running on your computer. Set your truck back to stock and then bring your Gryphon to your PC and plug it in. Once Pegasus reports the Gryphon is connected, hit [Updates]->[Custom File Download].

Once the download and install completes, take your Gryphon back to your truck and load the new tune.

- Jack