Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, April 26th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Whopper

kennyd is on a distinguished road
Default New Gryphon Questions/ Comments

Mornin' All, I recieved my Gryphon Friday and installed Saturday morning and wanted to comment. Very easy install and nice clean look with dash mount pod. The only issue I had was removing the dash side panel, it was a pain in the butt, once removed I shaved down the retainer clips with my pocket knife to make future access easier. Now for the questions, first what is the CD used for? Is it necessary to do all programming and set up with the engine off, what about changing any of the display features or engine parameters. When removing the gryphon do I just have the key on, reprogram to stock, turn key off and unhook and remove unit? Is it possible to load the program you want and remove the unit to prevent theft? These are the first things that come to mind I'm sure I will think of more, so thanks in advance.
Old Mon, April 26th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Bacon King

DarkShadowSTX is on a distinguished road

I upgraded my Edge to a Gryphon and did not get the cd but my guess would be that the cd contains the program Pegasus, which is needed to obtain custom tunes and update the Gryphon. Pegasus can be downloaded online, which is what I did. Changing the display colors, etc. and engine parameters are done throught the Gryphon itself using one of the options from the "main menu". To remove the Gryphon, you should put the truck back to stock just like you said. I would not remove the unit to prevent theft because each time you remove it from your truck, your truck should be in stock to do so and changing back and forth that many times I would imagine can't be good for your PCM.
Old Mon, April 26th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
Mornin' All, I recieved my Gryphon Friday and installed Saturday morning and wanted to comment. Very easy install and nice clean look with dash mount pod. The only issue I had was removing the dash side panel, it was a pain in the butt, once removed I shaved down the retainer clips with my pocket knife to make future access easier.

I had the same problem so I ended up just running the wire on the inside of the rubber door trim.

Now for the questions, first what is the CD used for?

I am not sure what it is either. Have you put it in your computer to try it? My gryphon didn't come with one so it is either new or from Edge.

Is it necessary to do all programming and set up with the engine off

That is a must! When doing any programming you need to have the engine off.

what about changing any of the display features or engine parameters.

That is fine to do any time whether the engine is running or not.

When removing the gryphon do I just have the key on, reprogram to stock, turn key off and unhook and remove unit?

If you are just removing the unit then you can leave it programmed but if you are taking the truck into the dealership or to a shop to get worked on, program back to stock and remove the unit.

Is it possible to load the program you want and remove the unit to prevent theft? These are the first things that come to mind I'm sure I will think of more, so thanks in advance.

Yep, when your not programming the unit acts as a set of guages and has no effect on the vehicle. No problem with removing it.
Answers in blue.
Old Mon, April 26th, 2010, 01:21 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

WHAT Gryphon do you have?
If its the monochrome display one with 4 buttons on the left. Then the CD shouldn't be needed.
This is the original Gryphon.
If its one with a color display»either it has 3 buttons or a touch screen then you'll need to use the CD. These are the new Gryphons(CS/CTS) and you posted your question in the wrong forum.
I've gotta do some more research on these mysterious CD's.
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, April 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Whopper

kennyd is on a distinguished road

Its the original Gryphon and I have not put it in my computer yet to see whats on it.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Just found out today!
The CD is the manual for the Gryphon.
PHP is not printing it on paper anymore.
As per Corey@PHP.
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.