Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Double Whopper

double j is on a distinguished road
great tunes

i got my gryphon with the custom tunes and it is great.my truck has the 4.6L and i have 33" tires with 3.55 factory gearing. i have not drove with it a great deal so im sure it could change up a bit but i am getting a little better than 18 mpg most of the time. i was getting 15.5 with the evo on the performance tune and 16 on the stock level. power is a lot better than the evo as well. the custom tunes sure are great. and i am very pleased with my gryphon. a big thanks to bill and corey for thier time and efforts. and all the moderators who helped me out with all of my questions. once again thanks to all.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 12:43 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds good!

As far as tweeking custom tunes?
I wouldn't go there.
Unless I was instructed by Bill to do it.
That's all!

Its ok to adjust tire size, gear ratio, and idle rpms.
But others have tried to adjust custom tunes with not much of any improvemants over Bill's original master pieces.

Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Tue, April 27th, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Double Whopper

ya i think that they are great just the way they are.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Its a shame you didn't have the gryphon before the tires because I'm thinking about going up to 32s or 33s. We also have nearly the same truck minus the color. What speeds do you usually drive at? Ex. 0-30 stop and go or 45-65 cruising.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Double Whopper

a littlle bit of every thing. going to town i drive around 55-60 and while in town around 30 stoping and going. my milaege starts droping while im in town, but by the time i get back home the milaege has gone back up to around 18. it is around a 20 mile trip to get to town and drive a bit and back home. that is driveing pretty conservitive but i will get on it a bit here and there.i would like to go on a pretty long trip to see what i get out of it,i wish that i was home more to get to drive my truck, right now i work out of town and it is just a weekend ride but it is a good one.how about you what kinda milaege do you get. what size tires are you runin.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Forum Predator

I drive an average round trip of about 12 miles. The first and last 2 miles are jumping on and off 50-60 mph roads. Everything else is stop and go in small city traffic. I usually get around the upper 13s and low 14s. I'm still running the stock 235/70-17 street tires with 8 inch rims which makes them squish a little bit more than usual. When I'm staying at a set speed this is what my mileage is usually like(keep in mind I live in hilly country where there is no strait or flat road):
50's=18-22
60's=16-19(I'll probably to do some data logging to find a trend to explain this)
70's=17-21
80's=17-20
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Double Whopper

the factory tires on my truck were 255.wish that i still had them to compare to the tires and wheels that i have now but it was a big improvment putting the gryphon with the custom tunes in. best mod that i have ever done. it is pretty hilly and curve where i live to.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Forum Predator

If you pay for shipping I'll trade ya.

Oh and I didn't look at where your from until now so yeah you've got hills too.
Old Wed, April 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Double Whopper

i think i will just stick with what i got. what kinda tire do you think you are going to get. nitto has a new one called the trail grappler. i like them a lot if they had been out when i bought my tires i would have gotten them. but the terra grapplers that i have now are great they seem to be real good in all conditions.

i am going to try out one of your splash screens. the ford logo with flames looks pretty sweet.
Old Wed, April 28th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Forum Predator

I've got a tight budget so my tires have to be below $200.

I'm thinking about (with no prefrence on the top 4)
1. Cooper Discoverer ATR-I know someone who is unbelievably hard on his equipment and is very critical and he liked them. (156 ea)
2. Uniroyal Liberator A/T-My dad has been running them on his F250 and our horse trailer for nearly 10 years and we've only had 1 tire not make it to 50K. (130-150 ea)
3. Fierce Attitude M/T-look cool but I'll have to see if they have a mileage warranty (173 ea)
4. Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T- look cool and I've heard they get good traction. (175 ea)
Then I've got nitto terra grapplers, bridgestone duelers and Yokohama geolanders.

I've only got 16K on my current tires and they are over halfway to the wear bars.