Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, May 1st, 2010, 03:13 PM
Double Whopper

Punisher is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon Pod Relocated!!!

Here's some pics of the finished project. (also posted in previous thread asking for cut-out template)

I used some 1/8" plastic sheets found on ebay. They're already scribed at 1/4" increments on the back side (as well as some circular scribes for gauges, etc..).

The size of the panel that replaces the ashtray flip-out is 9"w x 3"h.

I then used M4 bolts / nyloc-nuts to mount with nylon spacer standoffs. 1/2" stand-off for the top bolts and 1/4" stand-off for the bottom bolts.

I also purchased a carbon-fiber fabric for interior upholstery from ebay (yes... ebay addict here). Then using spray adhesive, I covered the new panel. So that the carbon-fiber look would match, I also scuffed and covered the trim panel (climate controls, radio, etc...) with the same.

Turned out well I think. I mounted the pod to the left so that I have room to mount switches, accessories at a later time. Plans are to add an exhaust cut-out and the hella grill with the halogen lights. Switches for both will end up in the extra space to the right of the Gryphon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PunisherPod-01s.JPG (71.6 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg PunisherPod-02s.jpg (27.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg PunisherPod-03s.JPG (75.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg PunisherPod-04s.JPG (71.3 KB, 51 views)
Old Sat, May 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Very nice work, Punisher!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Great work that looks sweet.

I have thought about doing something like this for a while but I just keep putting it off
Old Mon, May 3rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Whopper

FX4Nick is on a distinguished road

That's awesome.. I was thinking about relocating mine when I get it. I don't like the idea of it on the dash for theft reasons. I do have a probelms with minor theft in my neighborhood, not that my truck is ever unlocked. But I figure if it looks installed if someone did get in they may not try to take it.

Anyhow... Punisher did you save the template ???
Old Mon, May 3rd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Double Whopper

Punisher is on a distinguished road

No template exists that I know of... or I never was sent one. I ended up using a 3x5 notecard and tracing the opening from the pod. Then just took some time once transferred over to the plastic plate to size it out with a pneumatic "dremel" type tool.

But seriously... the plastic sheets were 12 x 12 so I have a full sheet left and another that is 12 x 9 now. If you want a piece just pm me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you. No point in spending the money for a bunch of extra that you'd be left with too.
Old Tue, May 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
No template exists that I know of... or I never was sent one. I ended up using a 3x5 notecard and tracing the opening from the pod. Then just took some time once transferred over to the plastic plate to size it out with a pneumatic "dremel" type tool.

But seriously... the plastic sheets were 12 x 12 so I have a full sheet left and another that is 12 x 9 now. If you want a piece just pm me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you. No point in spending the money for a bunch of extra that you'd be left with too.
I think you said you bought the plastic on ebay? Can you recall the listing? I did a quick search and didn't find what you described.

- Jack
Old Tue, May 4th, 2010, 10:19 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

It looks good!
But my personal preference is up where it is.
Less time with my eyes off the road.
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, May 4th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Very cool! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, May 4th, 2010, 12:47 PM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road

.....makes it harder to see while your driving.???

looks like a stock install though good job on the work
Old Tue, May 4th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Whopper

FX4Nick is on a distinguished road

Punisher,

Thanks for the offer.. but I have a 3X3 sheet of plexy that I have been trying to get rid of for 2 years. I'm not sure if I want the pod all the way down there. I think that is about the only palce on our dash that that would fit.

I still like the stock look of it.