Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Braggy

Braggy8169 is on a distinguished road
Question Shifting A Little Hard - Possible Mods- Suggestions?????

Hey all,

I currently own a 2005 150, 5.4L Super Cab Step Side and am running a Flowmaster cat back system and a k&N intake with my Gryphon 87 and 93 Tunes. I love the tunes but it seems that when I really gun it that it is shifting hard from 1-2 and 3-4. It doesn't happen under normal driving conditions, just when I hit the gas. It almost feels like the tranny just can't catch the shift in time??? I'm not sure as I really don't claim myself to be much of a mechanic. Is this something that I can play with myself or should I look to Bill to maybe change the tune up a bit?

Also, I am thinking about getting a 4" Rancho Lift / Level for my truck with the new 9000XL Adjustables and 305-70R18 Mickey Thompson's to match? Just wanted to get people's thoughts/suggestions and if new tunes would be best to go along with this upgrade?
Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

You could try adjusting the shift firmness (lower for firmer shift/higher for softer). If that doesn't fix it then you may have to talk to Bill so he can figure out what your wanting to fix.

The lift and tires do not require a retune but a regear may need to be on the list because you can adjust tire size/gear ratio in the programmer's custom options menu.
Old Mon, May 24th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Double Whopper

MileHigh04SCREW is on a distinguished road

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...ift-1-2-a.html

Had to get re-tuned from Bill because my HEX code revs are a little old. Magnaflow cat-back SIDO + volant CAI. I played around with my shift-firmess before the re-tune and could not get it perfect. Bill saved the day for me though Good luck.