Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Whopper

vadave is on a distinguished road
Default Connection to bridge please wait"

Sorry that should say "Connecting to bridge"

Just tried to download my new custom tune and this is all that my gryphon will display when plugged into my truck. The software said programing was complete to remove usb cable and replace in vehicle. I have never had luck updating anything so why should this be any different?? Anyone know what I do now or how to fix this prob?

Thanks,
Dave
Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

With the key off unplug the cable.
Turn the key on without the engine running and plug the cable back in.

This message appears at the end of a Pegasus update for the 97-03 programmers. These units will not show the "Disclaimer" screen but instead will stop on a "Connecting to Bridge" screen. Incidentally, the "Bridge" is the communications circuit built into the OBD-II cable for the older vehicles (up to 2003). Everything is working correctly.

Simply unplug the unit from the USB cable(BEFORE you hit the OK button), reconnect, and then click OK. At this point though, it really doesn't matter. Once the unit has restarted and has any sort of display on it, the update is complete. You may plug the unit in your truck and start programming.

Pegasus v2.01.0612 and later now states that the "Connecting to Bridge" or"Disclaimer" screen will be displayed after the update has completed.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Whopper

That didn't do anything different. The programer still says connecting to bridge please wait and says that with the key off. Stays on that screen no matter what.
Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 05:23 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Did you unplug it with the key off?

Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Whopper

Ok, I connected programer to usb cable. Went to pegasus/updates/custom file download. Unit changed colors alot and was programed by pegasus software. When the connecting to bridge screen apeared i unpluged the usb cable, waited 10 sec. after the connection to the programer dropped I pluged the programer back into the usb cable. It reconnected with the pegasus software and I clicked ok. Another screen came up and said programming complete you can now reconnect to vehicle. Took the programer to the truck. Turned key to on position not running and the only thing the programer will display is (connecting to bridge please wait).

Turn key off and the programer will display that message until battery runs dead. Thats all it will do.

I then pluged programer back into usb cable and updated the gryphon programer with new firmware and calabrations that pegasus found. Unit works as it should with canned tunes. If I try to download custom files again, I go through the same process as stated above with the end result a screen that is stuck on "connecting to bridge please wait"

This is on a 2006 f150 5.4l

I now have it working with the canned tunes by updating the firmware and calabrations but if i try to download custom files we go right back to the "connecting" message.

Dave
Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Got something funky going on.
I'll post a note for Bill or Cody.
Leave it with canned tunes for now until they respond.

Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Make sure your user cp is up to date incase they need to call you.

Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Whopper

Thanks for the help.

I know their busy but I hope they get to me quick. I hope I didn't change too much by updating the programers firmware and calabrations. Oh well shouldn't be anything that can't be fixed with another download. Gotta love technology....

Dave
Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 08:41 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

They WILL get you fixed when they get to you. Canned tunes are better than nothing. When I decided to "upgrade" to a CTS, I wiped out the custom tunes and ran on canned tunes for a while. It wasn't too bad. At least the transmission was improved.

Edit: But, I'm going to have to add something here.

When the "connecting to bridge" message appears, you should be able to simply disconnect the Gryphon from the PC - DO NOT plug it back in. Take it to your truck in this condition and see how it works. Plugging it back into the PC MAY be causing the problem.

Please remember though, return your truck to stock before attempting to download your custom tunes again. (I doubted I had to say that, but, I always try to cover the "gotchas".)

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, June 15th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Whopper

"There was an issue with your download setup on the server which I have corrected." Quoted from Bill's E-mail this morning. This was great to see the problem solved when I went to my E-mail. Thanks Bill and everyone for their suggestions. Technology you gotta love it.

A happy camper
Dave