Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Tue, June 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Whopper Junior

rogers250 is on a distinguished road
help please!

im ordering a phoenix chip right now and i cant find the PCM code. i found the connector and all but no sticker with code???? i did find a code on the connector itself,, f2vo or fzv0??? not sure if its a z or 2.. are either of those it?? its a 1996 ford f250 7.3
Old Tue, June 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Unfortunately, the alphanumeric numbers you listed are not valid.

It will be 3 letters and a number (similar to the second one you listed).

Where are you located (state wise....just wondering if you have a CA truck) and is it automatic or manual? That will limit your choices of PCM family considerably.
Old Tue, June 16th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Whopper Junior

rogers250 is on a distinguished road

i am actually located in indiana.. and its automatic.
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 07:26 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

My GUESS would be that you have a DPC-202 family PCM in that truck. Don't go by what I am guessing, but if you get tuning for that truck, I bet that you will end up with a TDE1 calibration.

The only reason I can see for the PCM not having a sticker on the connector body is that it's possibly a reman. (aftermarket) PCM.

The older powerstrokes (up to 97) have a lot of access to get an inspection mirror down in the hole and look at the numbers.
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I answered your post in Powerstrokenation.

If the letters you found were in fact F7TF-?? then you have a DPC-202 PCM. At this point it doesn't matter what the box code is (TDE0/YBT1/etc.) because you have a DPC-202 PCM. Get a TDE1 chip and BE HAPPY!