Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Whopper Junior

Superdin is on a distinguished road
Default Purchased a used Gryphon

Good Morning,
I am new to the world of programmers so please bear with me! I bought a used Gryphon last night, verified that it was set to zero, etc. I have a 2008 F350 with the 6.4L PSD. All of the gauges work great and I havent tried any tunes yet. From talking with the previous owner, the unit was originally purchased for the F150 and then reporgrammed for the F350. I guess my questions are as follows:

The unit has been off a truck for over a year, should I be hooking it to my computer to verify that all of the software is current?

Is there anything I need to do beyond plug and go? The manual he has is for the F150 from when he originally purchased it

Finally, I noticed that all of the links regarding the 6.4L programming are now disabled, does that mean you no longer support this unit?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I'd call PHP......the unit itself is still supported and there hasn't been any updates to the firmware....

the reason they're not on the website is PHP just no longer sells them....they sell the CS and CTS instead....

maybe someone else will chime in and explain some more....my area is more related to the gas programmers....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
I'd call PHP......the unit itself is still supported and there hasn't been any updates to the firmware....

the reason they're not on the website is PHP just no longer sells them....they sell the CS and CTS instead....

maybe someone else will chime in and explain some more....my area is more related to the gas programmers....
I will do that. Would you recommend waiting till I speak with them or is it safe to just use it as a monitor until I do? As I said I am totally new to the world of programmers and dont want to mess anything up.

Thanks you again.

Jim
Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdin View Post
I will do that. Would you recommend waiting till I speak with them or is it safe to just use it as a monitor until I do? As I said I am totally new to the world of programmers and dont want to mess anything up.

Thanks you again.

Jim
Just use it as a monitor or unless someone else has a better idea....

Like i said before call php.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Jim,

I'll give you call on Monday and see what's loaded on the device. In the meantime, make sure to enter the device info into your User Control Panel and just use it as a monitor until we confirm what you have.

Have a great weekend.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Jim,

I'll give you call on Monday and see what's loaded on the device. In the meantime, make sure to enter the device info into your User Control Panel and just use it as a monitor until we confirm what you have.

Have a great weekend.
Wow, talk about fast response. Thanks. I think I put everthing in the UCP, the only thing I am not sure about is the HEX Code. Otherwise I just have it plugged in as a monitor. Thanks so much!!

Jim
Old Wed, May 9th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Jim,

Have a great weekend.
Good Morning Bill,
Just wondering if you had a chance to check into this programmer yet? No rush, but I am hoping to be able to use it next week for some towing that I have planned.

Thanks Again,
Jim