Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Towing

Towing This forum is specifically for questions, comments, or ideas about towing with your vehicle.

Old Wed, April 27th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

I've sent Bill an email regarding whether or not he recommends a custom tow tune in this situation. I'll wait to hear back and will definitely follow up to this thread to let you guys know how everything turns out. Thanks again.
Old Fri, March 9th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Whopper Junior

catdaddyxx is on a distinguished road

Did you ever hear back from Bill? If you recognize my name from the other forum you know we have the same trailer. I just picked up a new CTS and was wondering the same thing you were about a custom tune tailored for my truck attached to a 26BH.
Old Fri, March 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddyxx View Post
Did you ever hear back from Bill? If you recognize my name from the other forum you know we have the same trailer. I just picked up a new CTS and was wondering the same thing you were about a custom tune tailored for my truck attached to a 26BH.
It's been awhile, so I can't remember exactly what I got back from Bill; however, I was determined that the tow tune for my setup isn't really necessary.....I think mostly based on weight. I've been towing with the canned tow tune and the setup runs great. Good luck bud!!
Old Sat, March 31st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Whopper

badstang79 is on a distinguished road

I have a 28' K-Z Jag that I pull with my 5.4. Dry weight on it is somewhere around 8500 lbs. With the canned 87 tow tune, a cai, and until recently just a cat back exhaust my truck would pull it uphill at 75 w/out really kicking down at all. But I just ordered custom tunes do to the fact that although it will do it, is it that good for the motor/drive line?

S&B C.A.I., OBX LT's, Magnaflow 3"-2.5" SIDO 14" Muffler, 3.5x18" tips, Gryphon CS with 89 tow and perf. and 93 perf. tunes
Old Sat, March 31st, 2012, 09:53 PM
Whopper Junior

catdaddyxx is on a distinguished road

I had an Edge Evo prior to this and the canned tow tune would send my tranny temps through the roof. At highway speeds I'm talking about a 30-40 degree increase over stock. Lots of more power for pulling but that doesn't help much sitting on the side of the road waiting for your tranny to cool off.