Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, October 4th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Whopper Junior

AeroEngr08 is on a distinguished road
Question Finding ECM/TCM Codes with Gryphon FICM Tuner

Just got my new FICM Gryphon programmer in the mail yesterday for my 05 F-350 6.0L and I'm super happy with the performance I've seen so far. I noticed a big change in the lower end running around only in Atlas40. Can’t wait to try the other tunes. However, I also ordered an ECM Rollback with Custom Power Setting and I've been trying to find the ECM/TCM strategies so I can post them but I’ve looked everywhere in the Gryphon tuner and can’t find them. The forum says I should be able to go to Menu►Diagnostics►TECH►SUPPORT►VERSION INFO►ENTER however when I go to Diagnostics I only see Read DTC Codes and Clear DTC Codes. Any suggestions on how to find ECM/TCM strategies? Thanks!
Tuner Info:
Model: GPFD60F-0307
Bootloader: 2.63.4860
Firmware: 3.101302
Calibration: 2.4.1272
Hardware: 5025
Old Thu, October 4th, 2012, 11:26 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Try: MENU►HELP►VEHICLE INFO (I suspect you have a CS or CTS platform).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, October 5th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Whopper Junior

Nope, I have the original monochrome Gryphon.
Old Fri, October 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sorry! So, when you select Menu->Diagnostics, you only see "Retrieve DTCs" and "Clear DTCs"? You DON'T see "Data Stream Read", "Data Stream Options" and "Version Info"?

Forgive me if I sound like I'm giving you the "idiot treatment". I have a gas monochrome Gryphon and now I'm beginning to suspect your diesel version has a completely different menu structure, except, the manual for this programmer on the Edge website shows that it's not. They MAY have changed the firmware/software without bothering to revise the documentation. It happens.

So, try something else. Unplug your Gryphon from the truck's OBD port. Then, turn the ignition ON (but don't start the truck) and plug the Gryphon back in. You are supposed to see a logo (boot screen) followed by a disclaimer that your have to dismiss by pressing [Enter]. Right after you do that, you SHOULD see your truck's ECM and TCM "hex" codes displayed. Write them down before you press [Enter] again.

And just so you know, you DON'T have to set your truck back to stock before you do this. You can remove and reattach the Gryphon from your truck at any time while it's acting as a monitor.

- Jack
Old Fri, October 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Whopper Junior

Jack, thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately my tuner isn't working how you describe. I get the flash screen at start up, I do not get the disclaimer as described, and it only displays the FICM strategy before I press enter. And you are also correct in that I don't see "Data Stream Read", "Data Stream Options", and "Version Info" under Diagnostics. I'm starting to wonder that since the programmer is set up to work with the FICM that it doesn't talk to the ECM/TCM and therefore doesn't give me the option to pull their strategies. I may have to get Bill to help me switch the Gryphon to the normal ECM diesel tuner before I see those options unless someone else can think of something I'm missing.
Old Fri, October 5th, 2012, 12:40 PM
PHP Groupie

James, I agree - you're going to have to talk to Bill about this. I'm totally out of ideas. I see that your <a rel="nofollow" href="http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/profile.php?do=editprofile" target="blank">User Profile</a> is complete. I'll try to draw Bill's attention to this thread, but you should try to call them too.

Edit: I've posted a note for Bill in the moderator's forum.

- Jack

Tags
ecm/tcm strategy, gryphon tuner