Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, October 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Whopper

DppPower is on a distinguished road
Default Parallel Turbo HP/TQ Contest

Bill from Power Hungry Performance will be here next week and we are taking a trip down to BTS for Bill to do live tuning on my Parallel Turbo pulling truck. We are trying to see what we can get out of the current configuration before we tear it down for the build we have planned for the winter.

So I thought it would be fun to have a contest and let all of you guess what the highest HP and TQ numbers will be.

There is going to be 2 prizes.

The person that guesses the closest to the highest HP number will get a $50.00 DPP Gift Certificate.

The person that guesses the closest to the highest TQ number will get a $50.00 DPP Gift Certificate.

All you have to do is post your numbers in this thread and when we get back from BTS I will be going over all the post and figuring out who the winners are. If you guess the closest on both HP and TQ then you will get one $100.00 Gift Certificate to cover both prizes.

Even if the truck breaks and we do not get it to it's full potential I will still be giving out the prizes based on the highest numbers we get to.

I am posting this up on a couple different sites but you only get 1 chance between all the sites.

So post up your best guess and lets see who can get the closest and get the Gift Certificates.

Just a quick run down of current mods.
Twin Parallel S256 Turbos - Current boost levels are around 50-55psi
250cc Rosewood A Code Non-Hybrid Injectors with 100% Nozzles
Water Injection
Stealth Stage 2 HPOP
Comp Beehive Springs
Chromoly Push Rods
ARP Head Studs
PHP Custom Tuned Chip
Double Dead-Head Fuel System with Fass 200gph
Old Wed, October 21st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Whopper

99350 is on a distinguished road

575hp/1150tq

GOOD LUCK can't wait to see the #'s
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
PHP Tuned and Vegistroked

Location: Highland, NY in Ulster County (Hudson Valley / Catskills Region)
muns53 is on a distinguished road

In for a 600HP /1200TQ guess.
Old Mon, October 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

I'll put an a estimate of 620 HP and 1245 TQ
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Whopper

Sorry but I forgot to post this up on here last night.

Well I just walkeed in the door and it has been a long day.

I do have numbers but not good ones.

Before I post the numbers I just want to say it was nice to finally get to meet Bill in person and I appriciate him taking the time to try and tune my truck today. I have been dealing with him for almost a year now and he is just as top-notch in person as he is over the phone. He is a awesome guy and I enjoyed getting to visit with him today and watch him work. Watching him work his computer made my head spin and gave me a headache.

THANKS Bill for everything....

Also, it was nice to finally get to see Brian and Cales shop and both of them are deffinantly top-notch also. I really appriciate them opening their doors on a Sunday for Bill and I to come play on their dyno. We spent the first hour trying to figure out how to pipe the 2 exhaust stacks into their exhaust collector to keep from smoking up their ceiling.

A BIG Thanks to Brian and Cale also....

Now for the dyno results...

The first run was the best and they went down hill from there

First run was - 369HP 592TQ

We could not build and maintain ICP at all today. The log graphs on Bill's laptop had more peaks and valleys than a mountain range. During the run the ICP would come up like it should and then it would start going crazy on us and was all over the place and then the bottom fell out. We also were only building 30psi of boost today and normally it is around 55psi.

This had all of us scrating our heads for sure as it acted like we were draining HPO reservoir or having a cavitation issue.

After we were unable to figure the issue out without tearing into the HPO system we decided to just load the truck up and I will be addressing the issue this week.

So this was not a very good day at all. And then on the way home my driver truck had a UVC harness come unpluged so Bill and I had to play roadside mechanics. It is a good thing I remembered to put my tool box back in the truck this morning.

So there are results. Another disapointing day. I have not taken this truck out of the shop once yet that something did not go wrong. I am beginning to think this is the truck from hell.

I am not sure who the winners are of the Gift Certificates and I am to tired to go threw all the post on all the websites tonight. So I will have to do this tomorrow and will post the winners soon as I know.
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear about the numbers!
Truck from he!!?
Always disappointing to see the final #'s when put to the test and the truck misbehaves.
Oh well better to have problems on the dyno than on the road.
Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Whopper

I have looked over all the post on all of the sites several times and below are the two guesses I found to be the closest.

Quote:
235hp 525tq
Power Stroke Nation post #38 by Redfish is the winner for the closest Torque guess of 525.

Quote:
400hp, 750 ft-lbs of torque
Talk Diesel post #2 by teamroper60 is the winner for the closest HorsePower guess of 400.

Thanks to all of you that participated in the contest.