Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, June 23rd, 2011, 06:53 AM
Whopper Junior

WIESEL is on a distinguished road
Default Bout to order

Probably gonna order the goods to self tune...

How much help is offered to get fimiliar with the software?

Any comments about the learning curve is appreciated..
Old Thu, June 23rd, 2011, 07:09 AM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

They are all very helpful in any way they can...especially buying their products.

"MINOTAUR™ & DIESEL TUNING TRAINING CLASS
Our Minotaur™ Software and Diesel Tuning Training seminar includes two days of training -- 9AM - 6PM with a one hour lunch break; short breaks will be included through the day -- and the Minotaur™ Software Package described above.

At a minimum, this training session will cover How to Use the Minotaur™ Software, Diesel Tuning Training Basics including Fuel Injection Theory for the HEUI system, Injection Timing, Shifting Strategies, and Basic Modifications for Supporting aftermarket components. Other topics that may be covered if time permits: 6.0L PSD vs. 7.3L PSD tuning and/or tuning for gasoline vehicles.

We welcome other vendors to send their employees to the seminar to learn how to tune or just hone their skills, and we offer a discount for multiple employees from one company.

Please call for information about scheduling a class at our location or yours!"

http://www.gopowerhungry.com/documen...ng_message.pdf

I would deffinately take the training
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx
Old Thu, June 23rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

From the Minotaur product page of the website.

"NOTE: This software product is extremely flexible and is designed for users with a strong background in automotive performance and tuning. As with most tuning software packages, there is a large degree of flexibility by which manipulation of data can cause major engine damage, transmission damage, or other drivetrain related failures. Power Hungry Performance will not be responsible for any damage arising from the use of any tuning products or calibrations. If you have any concerns or are in any way uncertain of your ability to safely tune your vehicle, we recommend that you do not purchase this software package and seek the advice or service or a performance tuning professional."

If you are not familiar with the operation of the HEUI injection system used in these trucks, a lot of the concepts in the tuning will not make sense. Heck, I knew HOW the system worked before 2008 when I first started doing this, but had no idea just how much stuff was involved to MAKE it all work.
Old Tue, June 28th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road

Definitely need to understand how these engines operate. After that, there is a pretty steep learning curve with the tuning.

That being said, it's pretty cool that Bill allows folks to tweak his tunes with the software as well. That way you can compare stock vs. tuned programs and see how the changes affect the way the truck runs and the power output. From there you can make slow and gradual changes to get used to the programming.

Be prepared to spend countless hours with it. And remember, no question is too dumb. I've asked quite a few stupid questions before. It's better safe than sorry.
Old Tue, June 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I've asked quite a few stupid questions before.
There are no stupid questions.....just stupid people.

Just ribbin' ya.

By the way, how are those 250/200's workin' out?
Old Tue, June 28th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
There are no stupid questions.....just stupid people.

Just ribbin' ya.
You owed me anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
By the way, how are those 250/200's workin' out?
They're working great. I love these injectors. Towed over 12,000 lbs with them last week. Runs way lower EGT's than I ever did with stock injectors. However, I still haven't finished the tuning to be exactly like I want it.

Problem is, I went and wiped out Windows Vista, wiped out the partition, and loaded Windows 7 under Fusion for Mac... did all that before I realized that when I thought I backed up all my tuning.... I didn't.

So now I have none of my work that I've done since I bought Minotaur. All gone. Wiped out in one instance of stupidity. Thought I had another copy backed up. Turned out, apparently Windows Vista was having issues copying to my Apple Airport drive, even though it had been working fine for 2 years prior.

Yeah....

By the way, I emailed Bill about getting Minotaur and Phoenix Flash back up and running on this fresh install of Windows (keeps not letting me register and activate). Haven't head back from him yet. Give him a poke for me, will ya?