Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, January 13th, 2012, 09:42 AM
The Most Interesting Man

Barrett is on a distinguished road
Help Thinking about buying an Edge for my 05 F150

Hey y'all, first time post here. I'm sorry if I missed some thread that could have helped me before posting, but I tried searching with no success.

I drive a 2005 2wd f150 (5.4). Recently I've gotten back on the idea of possibly getting a programmer for my truck. To save myself a chunk of money (Broke college student), I'm thinking about getting a used edge if I can find one at the right price. And then later look more into getting it converted to a gryphon and custom tuned by PHP.

My truck has a couple mods, I'm over on f150online with the same username. Performance wise on my truck I have:
Dual borla pro xs mufflers
Gotts mod
K&N drop in

Will running an edge with canned tunes be a bad idea for any reason? I'm hoping to get some power to help my 3.55 gears turn my 35" toyo mt's, and crossing my fingers for some mpg help if I stay driving the same. I only get about 11.5 or so city at the moment.

Thanks for any help y'all can provide, I've searched a good bit on f150online, but could really use some direct advice.

Thanks y'all,
-Barrett
Old Fri, January 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

You shouldn't have any issues with a good used programmer.....just make sure the vehicle it came off of is put back to stock....if not its another $80 out of someone's pocket to get it unlocked....good luck....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, January 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM
The Most Interesting Man

Ok, thanks. I think I just struck a deal to buy one for $150. Sounds like a good deal to me. Is it?
Old Sat, January 14th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Whopper Junior

MTM Ford is on a distinguished road

I've had my Gryphon in my 04 for about 2 weeks now and it has to be the best investment I've made. I'm running on Level 2 and the firmer/quicker shifts and better throttle response makes it a whole new truck. I can't say I've seen a change in my mileage. I'm still getting 15-16mpg.

Still waiting on my custom tunes from Bill, I'm getting anxious
Old Fri, January 20th, 2012, 09:41 AM
The Most Interesting Man

Hey yall I'm currently talking to someone about his edge Evo. However, he does not have the cd for it. Is that a problem? And I use a Mac computer if that changes anything program wise.
Old Fri, January 20th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

The manuals for the Evo can be downloaded from Edge's website.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 20th, 2012, 12:34 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Hey yall I'm currently talking to someone about his edge Evo. However, he does not have the cd for it. Is that a problem? And I use a Mac computer if that changes anything program wise.
answered on f150online....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.