Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, May 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
I have never been on a dyno. I think our truck are around 235/250 at the flywheel, so probably under 200 at the wheels. 80/120hp from the chip, but I am not sure how much power we actually get from the chip. SO I guess we are somewhere near 300. That sucks, 100-150 more on PMR's probably isn't enough

When I make my calls this week about turbo's I think I will ask about upgrading the motor, just for grins. Maybe this year I will max out the PMR's and save to get mor power next year.

I am not sure what the Black Mamba motor is, but will look into it. Thinking a short block might be the best route. Then we can upgrade our existing blocks for backup.
I saw someone on TDS that advertised their emissions results, and they also ran their truck on the 80hp DP tune. The dyno wasn't exactly calibrated, but they saw a gain of almost 40hp.

When it comes to upgrade my turbo I'm gonna come talk to you. You been doing some in depth research....I'm interested in seeing what you go with. I'm sure you saw that post on TDS about max boisterous with what chip/tune/turbo/injectors. I think people using phP tunes were reporting more boost : )

I tried finding the Black Mamba engine, by The Horsepower Shop, on my ohone and couldnt find it...hopefully they ate still out there. I like the short block idea.

How do you like the RiffRaff FRx? I'm thinking about buying it, tonight possibly...depending on if you post back tonight with good praise of it.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx
Old Sun, May 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Double Whopper

INFRNL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammertide07 View Post
I saw someone on TDS that advertised their emissions results, and they also ran their truck on the 80hp DP tune. The dyno wasn't exactly calibrated, but they saw a gain of almost 40hp.

When it comes to upgrade my turbo I'm gonna come talk to you. You been doing some in depth research....I'm interested in seeing what you go with. I'm sure you saw that post on TDS about max boisterous with what chip/tune/turbo/injectors. I think people using phP tunes were reporting more boost : )

I tried finding the Black Mamba engine, by The Horsepower Shop, on my ohone and couldnt find it...hopefully they ate still out there. I like the short block idea.

How do you like the RiffRaff FRx? I'm thinking about buying it, tonight possibly...depending on if you post back tonight with good praise of it.
I saw that post about 80E only getting 40HP. Thats why I thikn TW doesn't post HP ratings. I am curious how bills will compare. I hear in the end that all 3 tuners are very close in HP but tune differently.

I found some info on the black mamba. I also saw some threads on different forums stating to steer clear of them. I am not sure; will have to do more homework. Wide open perfomance are selling built long blocks from 10K+ Might even go to pull and pay and get a full motor for cheap.
; If I can find forged rod block.

the more I research on turbos, the more confused I get. I need to learn how they work and the difference in impeller sizes.

as far as the FRx. On my truck I cannot feel or hear a difference at all, but was told its more for saving the injectors. It keeps the air out of the fuel so the injectors do not have to force the air through them and prolonging their life.

There is a thread on TDS about the FRx. I think the guy was extremely happ and claims to feel/hear a difference. I already have the intank mods done, so that might be a reason whY I cannot tell a difference.
Its a cool low cost alternative to the full kits offered. Would I do it again...not sure. Honestly If I started over; I probably would not do most of what I have done to this truck.

I think my truck is louder now too since I changed the ICP? the one by the intake plenums. I will have to put my old one back in and see. Its that or the IPR on the HPOP that made it louder. When Warm My truck was pretty quiet. Or maybe my old ones were getting faulty and I have more pressure now making it louder cause its working better, IDK.
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler
Old Mon, May 14th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
If I do have pmr's, I'm gonna save my lunch money until I can take it to the PHP shop and have them install forged rods, springs, rods, turbo injectors, fuel system, and maybe bigger hpop.
Talked to Bill last week about building an engine; approx 7K without rods. depending on rods chosen would be additional, but would have a near bulletproof motor.

I am wondering if factory forged rods would be good enough or something aftermarket.

Also ; as you know I figured out my turbo and injectors

Next will be HPOP and to upgrade my fuel system. I also need a steering gear box and power steering pump
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler
Old Tue, May 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM
God & Guns

Quote:
Talked to Bill last week about building an engine; approx 7K without rods. depending on rods chosen would be additional, but would have a near bulletproof motor.

I am wondering if factory forged rods would be good enough or something aftermarket.

Also ; as you know I figured out my turbo and injectors

Next will be HPOP and to upgrade my fuel system. I also need a steering gear box and power steering pump
I'd be crying over my wallet by now

I'm looking at a house this evening when I leave work. I may have to put a hold on spending for a minute.

I have done quite a bit of catching up on my truck spending in the last month. Makes me feel all warm inside
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx
Old Tue, May 15th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
I'd be crying over my wallet by now

I'm looking at a house this evening when I leave work. I may have to put a hold on spending for a minute.

I have done quite a bit of catching up on my truck spending in the last month. Makes me feel all warm inside
I hear you; If my wife knew how much I have spent on the truck lately She would have a heart attack and kill me in my sleep

I have a few more things I want to do; then I will be done for the year...........
I think
Old Wed, May 16th, 2012, 07:07 AM
God & Guns

Quote:
I hear you; If my wife knew how much I have spent on the truck lately She would have a heart attack and kill me in my sleep

I have a few more things I want to do; then I will be done for the year...........
I think
yea, I was wondering how was you getting by with all of that spending. My wife has told me a couple of times that I should just marry the truck.
Old Wed, May 16th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
yea, I was wondering how was you getting by with all of that spending. My wife has told me a couple of times that I should just marry the truck.
I think I am getting to that point as well.

Too bad you already ordered your up-pipes; could have sold you mine for much less. I won't be needing them once I get that new turbo setup; unless I get a 38R for comparison/backup
Old Thu, May 17th, 2012, 11:36 AM
God & Guns

Quote:
Too bad you already ordered your up-pipes; could have sold you mine for much less. I won't be needing them once I get that new turbo setup; unless I get a 38R for comparison/backup
I was thinking the same thing when I saw your post on TDS. Also the FRx, which I ordered 2 weeks ago. Oh well...
Old Thu, May 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing when I saw your post on TDS. Also the FRx, which I ordered 2 weeks ago. Oh well...
If I knew I was going to get crazy; I would have let you known earlier Could have made you a great deal. Too late now.

I need to get Tony's tunes from Bill I know bill has been busy and Tony has been hard to get a hold of. bad thing is I will have everything in a few weeks. Maybe I will try to get a hold of Bill; Maybe I should try and get Tony's tunes setup for my upgrades instead.